Hey 4.6 SOHC people, grt in here..New Plenum!!!!

I though AFM was using the Trick Flow upper on their car????
TFSelbow2.JPG

• Sponsors (?)

68 & 00 GT said:
Was that saying that the:

-C & L
plenum made 266 max RWHP @ 4,466 RPM @ 4,814 dropped to 222 RWHP

-ACCUFAB
plenum made 253 max RWHP @ 4,176 RPM @ 4,582 dropped to 246 RWHP

-Dragon
plenum made 273 max RWHP @ 4,350 RPM @ 4,756 dropped to 268 RWHP

all done on the same car with NO OTHER CHANGES than the plenums ? :shrug:

Sorry if I missed something - :nice:
Not that I'm sold on it just yet, but if I'm understanding this right (as above) that's awesome gains for the dragon comparred to the others -

A couple things bug me, the C&L lost 44 hp in 400 RPMs? :shrug:
Also the C&L website clearly says to use the BBK 75mm TB, who cares about what results it yeilds when it's not "used as directed." No one ever answered my question about why the "dragon" manifold comes in 3 sizes, why not buy the 75mm version and put whatever size TB on it you want.

Also C&L lists flow numbers in CFM on their website, any one have this data on the Dragon.

Not trying to say it isn't a good product, but those tests seem like BS to me.

This is hilarious.I've been posting about the dragon plenum for months now.People the real deal on the dragon plenumis this.You will gain 6rwhp and 9rwtq n/a with the stock plenum and no other mods.Those of you with a cobra killert kit will gain 12rwhp and 20rwtq.The reason i can say this is the prototype was tested on my car a n/a 2000 gt.The s/c car was also tested here in bowling green at www.totalengineairflow.com This is olso where the flow testing was done.Stefan the creater of the dragon plenum used to work at Holley . Also the plenum can be had at TEA for 199$.

I hate getting bits and pieces of info, but seldom have exactly what we need.

Someone doing at least 2 dyno pulls each on all 3 (well 4 now that there's apparently a Trick Flow out now) plenums on the same car and allowing the car to properly cool between runs. And obviously have stock plenum numbers on the same car all performed by someone that did not make any of the plenums.

Oh well we can only wish huh ? I'm not buying a damn plenum untill I know which one produces the best power through the entire rpms. If the C & L really looses that much after peak RWHP that fast screw that.

What is the lower plenum ? The actual intake it's self ? Aren't there also upper plenum spacers out now too ? Anyone tried them ?

What about using TB spacers w/ plenums ?
So many possibly combos. I'll only buy the set up I know is the most powerfull. I don't care if it's a 75MM BBK TB, TB spacer, upper Plenum, upper Plenum spacer , or what , but I'm not spending a $ more than necessary.

Thanks for jumping on the band wagon with me tacbear.The rest of you should stop whining .How many dynos and people chimeing in to make you feel good about a part?I'ts only $200.I the word of hp per dollar its a steal.Like the man said "you want to play you have to pay"Hell the $4000 or better im going to drop at T&J next month is worth doing research about.

bg00gt said:
Thanks for jumping on the band wagon with me tacbear.The rest of you should stop whining .How many dynos and people chimeing in to make you feel good about a part?I'ts only $200.I the word of hp per dollar its a steal.Like the man said "you want to play you have to pay"Hell the $4000 or better im going to drop at T&J next month is worth doing research about.

I don't think anyone's whining...I just think we're all ready for more options for our intakes. I would like a full intake, not just a plenum. Why spend 200$ on that when you can buy a whole one for like 500$(if they start making/selling them for that price). I think it's only a matter of time, and I've also emailed several popular 5.0 intake manufacturer's and I've received word that in '04 there's a GREAT possibility from a few of them.

smttysmth02gt said:
I don't think anyone's whining...I just think we're all ready for more options for our intakes. I would like a full intake, not just a plenum. Why spend 200$ on that when you can buy a whole one for like 500$(if they start making/selling them for that price). I think it's only a matter of time, and I've also emailed several popular 5.0 intake manufacturer's and I've received word that in '04 there's a GREAT possibility from a few of them.

And I'll bet some of them will be compatable with these Plenums :nice:

bg00gt said:

Talk about whining. :rolleyes: Was this in any way helpfull ? :shrug:

No. :nonono:
"It's only $200" ! :scratch: you have 4K to spend I guess we should all :hail2: to you. :notnice: You must think you're the first.

Who GAF about gaining 6 RWHP if you loose 44 RWHPw/ in 200 rpm's after according to your precious dyno results.

IMO every detail is worth researching to death if necessary lighten up-