Hey everybody new here...

TrAb

Mar 7, 2007
Hey everyone im new to the forums, after looking over most the forums this one looks to be the best. I am in the middle of purchasing a 89 mustang gt its all stock with about 110k on it. Now i plan on fixing it up of course, i want to get probably 450-500rwhp out of it. Im debating turbo or supercharger. Ive never owned a vehicle with a supercharger so im kinda leaning towards it so i can learn something new. I was wondering if i wanted to make those HP numbers and run a supercharger what kind of mods do i need to do to prepare the car. Like injectors, fuel pump, and whatever else there may be. Here is my car i have now, it burns rice really good :lol: . Nah i havent got to dyno it but on race gas it should be in the neighborhood of 600-670awhp.

DSC03562.jpg

DSC03587.jpg

DSC03592.jpg

0123071123.jpg

DSC00755.jpg

Attachments

• DSC03562.jpg
    DSC03562.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 77
  • DSC03587.jpg
    DSC03587.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 83
  • DSC03592.jpg
    DSC03592.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 93
  • 0123071123.jpg
    0123071123.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 86
  • DSC00755.jpg
    DSC00755.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 81
  • Sponsors (?)

Welcome. Try to keep restrained and do subframe connectors, gears, and suspension while you get up to speed on the bewildering array of possibilities for forced induction. Take it slow and get a solid foundation first. Try to work back-to-front on your drivetrain so you won't have a weak link when you make that big HP jump. Took me 2 cars and a lot of broken parts to figure this out.

Also, take the time upfront to really learn Ford EFI in general and EEC IV in particular.

Welcome to Stangnet... :spot:

Not all of us know how to fix everything, but some of us know how to fix some things with excellence!

If you want to do the fix up & power up thing, make sure that you have some other form of reliable daily driver. That way the stang can sit while your wallet and hands take a rest from the last project that didn't quite get finished on that 3 day weekend. Things always cost more and take longer the first time you do them. Having some other working vehicle makes life easier since it isn't the big crush to get it running for the Monday morning drive to work or class.

Plan on spending some money on tools it you don't already have them. The stang has both metric and american fasteners, so you really need two sets of wrenches. A timing light, digital voltmeter, vacuum gauge, compression tester, fuel pressure test gauge and fuel line coupler tools are some of the test & tuning tools you'll need. Visit the pawn shops and sometimes you can find a deal on tools & test equipment if you stick to well known name brands.

A sheltered work area is almost a must, someplace that you can leave the car in pieces without upsetting anyone. Some guys here have changed a transmission in the parking lot of their apartment in a rainstorm, but they will tell you it wasn't fun. Depending on where you live, a warm dry garage is a nice place to do the winter projects that stangs tend to become.

EFI (Electronic Fuel Injection) Computer - every stang after 85 has or had one: don't let it intimidate you. The computer based EFI systems are not hard to fix and most of the time they tell you what's wrong with the engine. Here's a book that will get you started with how the Ford electronic engine control or "computer" works.

Ford Fuel Injection & Electronic Engine Control 1988-1993 by James Probst :ISBN 0-8376-0301-3.

It's about $20 from Borders.com see http://www.amazon.com/ . Select boo...e patience and though before you get started.

Thanks for all the replies im going to be ordering that manual here soon. But yeah i have the tools and garage (own a pawnshop as well):nice: . That stealth was a bitch to build and im looking foward to something that is rwd instead of awd. Here is what i was thinking of doing motor wise now that ive looked around. Maybe 347 stroker kit and kb's blowzilla supercharger with supporting mods of course. But how does that sound?

Im back :SNSign: , change of plans has happened. Im picking up a 240sx and im going to be dropping in a 5.0. Does anybody know where i can get a decently cheap 5.0 motor besides ebay. Ive looked on ebay and all i see are ones with over 50k miles on them.

Welcome to Stang-net.... you Came to the Right Place.. If someone here cant Find it or Tell You About it, its Because it doesnt exist.... Everyone here Can Help you ON 90% of Mods and Mechanics... The Other 10% is All Your on decision Making!... So Take a Seat Buckle Your Safety Belt your in For a Hell Of A Ride... My Name in 90 i will Be Your Flight attendant for the Majority of your Flight ...

Hey guys im back again lol there is another change of plans. I fixed the 240sx i bought and somebody offered me tripple what i paid. So i will have enough to buy a decent mustang i found one on craigs list for only 500 with no motor or trans. Im gonna go look at it sometime this weekend i believe.