Hey guys..Ball Joint question

rude_life

Mar 30, 2005
It's been a while since I have been on here, I hope everyone had a great Xmas.. I found a set of brand new Steeda X2 balljoints for a 94 Mustang GT that I bought like 4 yrs ago and never put in...I cant remember what all came in the kit..I don't have a stang anymore but will be purchasing the mentioned year model soon...I used to have a 95 GT convertible and 94 GT coupe...anyways...Here is a pic of the part... + Enlarged View +
Question is, what all is supposed to be in this kit? I know for a fact the large nuts for the studs are missing...It's in a bag with two probably 5" radius "ring" plates that I cant figure out what they might be for..I have a set of ground pounder caster camber plates that the plates might belong to but I gotta go through the garage to find them...let me know...thanks

Hey by the way... Who makes ground pounder anyways?? Cant find a website anywhere...thx

hutch

• Sponsors (?)

The kit comes with 2 ball joints and 2 nuts and 2 plates for the springs, You can use the spring plates if you want to keep the stock ride height, if you choose not to use the plates then it will lower the car 1/2" inch.

I think ground pounder makes ground pounder stuff...may be lakewood? just throwing out there, But when you use the x2 ball joints you really should do the bump steer kit and camber plates all at the same time too

Later :)

The nuts that came with was nylon inserted nuts, I believe you can get those at good hardware stores or specialty bolt stores, I think you can use your stock bolts as well but the X2 ball joints do not have holes for cotter pins to go in like the stock bolts, that's why they use the nylon threaded locking nuts so nuts do not come loose. take the ball joints and head to the hardware store and look for some nylon threaded nuts. Good luck :)

Later

If you need a picture of what is looks like it this one :)
p1541913_l.jpg