Hey, Nice Eleanor

67FBack

Feb 27, 2006
New Braunfels, TX
Doesn't it p*ss you off when someone says "Nice Eleanor"?

Doesn't it p*ss you off when someone says "Nice Shelby" when yours is not?

If you own a Shelby, doesn't it urk you when somebody says "nice mustang"?

Well, get over it!!! Or better yet, say "Thank You!" Carrol Shelby was in to restomodding mustangs before your or I. They are all Mustangs FIRST!

OK, I am going to set back, pop some popcorn, and watch the spark fly!!!!!!

Anybody? Anybody? Bueller? Bueller? :rlaugh: :rlaugh:

• Sponsors (?)

70MachI said:
A friend of mine always got told "Nice Mustang" when he owned a 68 camaro.

what a "Beavis".

I was thinking about having my daughter stand in front of one of the most exclusive Shelbys at the meet in Tulsa last month and say out loud "Honey, go stand in front of the Eleanor so daddy can take a picture!". HA :rlaugh: :rolleyes: :rlaugh: :rolleyes:

The only reason was the guy was bragging about how much the value of his car had changed and it was now worth over $240,000!

I think I've ever only had one person guess the right year of my car. I'm thinking of making a FAQ sign and hanging it in the rear window or something. But I guess it is fun when there are always people giving you the thumbs up when driving down the road or stoping to talk to you about your car while filling up at the pump.

Only an elietist would get offended. You can't blame the person for being uneducated in the way of Mustangs. Just graciously accept the compliment because the true meaning is that your car is very nice... Though if somebody said my car was a camero... those are fighting words. hehe
Kevin

I've had the Camaro comment before.

"Oh man, I used to have a Camaro, what year is yours?"

People usually guess between 64-66 for the year of it though. I do have the '65 grille so it's a lil confusing.

Alot of people think it's fast. Some will even argue the point with me.

"It's a 6 cylinder, it's not fast. At all." "It's a Mustang, it has to be fast." "NO."
"Well, it sounds fast." "No, it sounds good."
or "Skyline's, Supra's, and BMW M3's use sixes and they're fast."

They usually leave, giving me a look that says I'm the one who's wrong.

Sicarius428 said:
Only an elietist would get offended. You can't blame the person for being uneducated in the way of Mustangs. Just graciously accept the compliment because the true meaning is that your car is very nice... Though if somebody said my car was a camero... those are fighting words. hehe
Kevin

Agreed. Mustangs are a popular vehicles and draw attention where ever they go, so I would respond nicely to all questions whether it's from the beginner or purist.

If someone called one of my cars a camero, I think I would play along and tell them over the years I converted all the chevy parts to Ford because I got tired of fixing things.

fasttback said:
Agreed. Mustangs are a popular vehicles and draw attention where ever they go, so I would respond nicely to all questions whether it's from the beginner or purist.

If someone called one of my cars a camero, I think I would play along and tell them over the years I converted all the chevy parts to Ford because I got tired of fixing things.

:rlaugh: :lol: :rlaugh: :lol:

Penguin said:
Alot of people think it's fast. Some will even argue the point with me.

"It's a 6 cylinder, it's not fast. At all." "It's a Mustang, it has to be fast." "NO."
"Well, it sounds fast." "No, it sounds good."
or "Skyline's, Supra's, and BMW M3's use sixes and they're fast."

They usually leave, giving me a look that says I'm the one who's wrong.

I get this too. Friends and co-workers always want to race or see how fast it is and I always tell them I'm not going to race. They ask why and I answer: 1. Some 40 year old part will break and it will cost me more money than I have to fix and I wont be able to drive it the rest of the season. 2. I will lose because It's not fast. It has a 289 and is a V8 but it is powered by old, horsepower robbing, parts. Oh and it has an open, pegleg, rear with a 2.80:1 gear ratio and a really sloppy 3 speed transmission.

i started a new job like 4 months ago and just got the stang back together and on the road for the summer. the first day it was in the lot i was the most popular guy there. nobody mistook it for a camaro, and a few even got the year right, a few of the older gents said "i had a 19__ when i was younger". the only time i get upset is when i get asked if id sell it--- H@$L NO!!