Hey Paul....ie mr. cox.....lol.....

• Sponsors (?)

Do you have your speedo corrected with a speedcal?

No. ....I do have the white gear and it is right on........or 1 mph off....I have checked it against our GTP digital speedo and at all speeds it is right on.

I ran from a dead stop last night and watched the tach and I was right at 5500/5800 rpms when I hit 100 mph................

Now I need to decide what 4:10's will do........will I run out of steam and hit a "wall"......I know I will get there quicker but then have that much more track to top out at???????????????????????????

Whatcha think....

Not to say your GTP is wrong, but I've talked to SEVERAL transmission shops, tuners, and mechanics. Everyone has said there isn't a combo of speedo gears you can get for the speedo to be correct in our AODE's with 3.73s or steeper gears. :shrug: The only way to make it accurate is the speedcal. If you find differently, for sure let me know how many teeth are IN the transmission as well. 7 or 8.

Cause now is the perfect time for me to fix mine. :D

Also, have you checked your factory tach on a dyno? I thought mine was accurate until I got an aftermarket tach.

I assume Don will have to reburn your chip for the new gears?

As far as your video goes. Uh, well... I don't get much out of it. It kinda makes my tummy hurt to watch. :lol:

i dont think you will top out..i have seen guys running 4.30 and larger and not have problems what does the trans shift at with the o/d off compared to it being on?? which would work better at the track??

i dont think you will top out..i have seen guys running 4.30 and larger and not have problems what does the trans shift at with the o/d off compared to it being on?? which would work better at the track??

Don told me not to be running the OD on at the track....lol

Paul....Don and I talked a few months back and he said he may/ may not have to change the shift points...I'll have to see after the install.....

I will take the car out again and track it with the GTP ....and try another car.....
When I bought the white gear.....we ran at 35, 45, 55, 65, and I was right at what the GTP was reading....not going to say the gtp is off....but I can't be more than a few mph's off.....we will have to see.....I have heard that our factory tachs are not dead on.............:shrug:

LOL - yeah the speedos are close at THAT slow of speeds. You get up to 80 and you start seeing the numbers off. At 100 mine is off more than 10 mph.

What are your shift points set at now? I was kinda up in the air on where to have mine set. Chip is on the way, so we'll see how it does. I'm so use to manual shifting the car, I don't know if I'll be able to stop. :D

And Trav.... NEVER EVER let the car shift into O/D hard. You get aprox. 3 times of it hitting O/D at WOT then your clutch band is completely toasted. I can post pics of mine if you like. It's not pretty. :bang:

LOL - yeah the speedos are close at THAT slow of speeds. You get up to 80 and you start seeing the numbers off. At 100 mine is off more than 10 mph.

What are your shift points set at now? I was kinda up in the air on where to have mine set. Chip is on the way, so we'll see how it does. I'm so use to manual shifting the car, I don't know if I'll be able to stop. :D

And Trav.... NEVER EVER let the car shift into O/D hard. You get aprox. 3 times of it hitting O/D at WOT then your clutch band is completely toasted. I can post pics of mine if you like. It's not pretty. :bang:

I am almost 99.9 positive that the shifts are at 5800 rpms......I think he moved it up when he changed one of my settings on the chip to lock up the convertor....

I manual shift mine on the juice... you have to be quick on the 1-2 but it's not too bad. Manual shifting allows you to pedal the car a bit without the tranny shifting up and screwing up your run with an early shift on the pedal lift for traction.

Honestly.... it's your $$$. I wouldn't do it, but it's just because I spray a lot of nitrous and may put a blower on in the next 2 years. The jump shouldn't be enough to cause any problems. We're not talking about a BIG gear change.

Personally I would put it on a dyno and see where the power dropped off, then decide.

You could also borrow some V-6 wheels and tires. If you remember my burnout at the college, it was just like having 4.10s in the car since they were so short. :rlaugh:

i have never taken the car to the track yet and i dont really beat on it on the roads nothing enough to ever worry about o/d thats for sure but when i take it to the track i will have to remember to turn the o/d off thanks

i have never taken the car to the track yet and i dont really beat on it on the roads nothing enough to ever worry about o/d thats for sure but when i take it to the track i will have to remember to turn the o/d off thanks

Hell Trav....I was in line at Milan and turned it off and after the run noticed I didn't turn the od off.........OOOOOOOOOPPPPPPPPPSSSSSSSSSSss.......

I wish we could retune the chip to make the O/D off by default instead of on. I turn it off every time I start the car. I only turn it on, when I'm on the highway and ready to shift into O/D.

If I ever forget, which has only happened once in a few years. I can hear/feel the shift and I let up immediately.

I've NEVER sprayed the car (even after the shift) in O/D. I'll be making that much power N/A here soon. So we'll see how it holds up. :D

dude your car sounds like crap whys it so quiet? should be loud with flows

Jinx...it has to be the camera's....that one is a ebay special that shipping cost more than the camera.........trust me.......I'm actually thinking about re-installing tailpipes........it's loud.......I'll try and get a better sound camera and vid it up.....

btw...when are you throwing a explorer motor in the green beast and getting it back on the road...?