hey ryan, check this out (serious)

No way is that car is a UK car, your not gonna find weather in UK like that, or houses. That bad boys is from Australia. Thats gonna be my best bet. And again, Ryan, slow down, youll be cool when you get older, but dont take your younger years for granted. Im barely 21 and man do I wish I was in high school again. Do you even have to pay for your food yet?

• Sponsors (?)

If you're going to go through all the work of swapping K members, it might be a stretch on the wallet but i'd just buy a tubular K member while i'm at it. Why not come out ahead in the end?

Because so far all we have actually seen work wise is pin striped tail lights, and tons of I plan on doing this I plan on doing that. Asking everyones opinion and never taking anyones advice. :rolleyes:

Because so far all we have actually seen work wise is pin striped tail lights, and tons of I plan on doing this I plan on doing that. Asking everyones opinion and never taking anyones advice. :rolleyes:

cant paint a car in this type of weather buddy....

this spring is when its getting painted, top, interior.....

you will see.

Can't paint a car in this weather?? Wow that's kind of funny I live in the Great White North and I did all of my painting from Nov-April. Or do you not have indoor paint booths in your area? :rolleyes:

nope, were painting mine ourselves. why pay someone else to do something you can.

our garage ant heated so we have to wait.

nope, were painting mine ourselves. why pay someone else to do something you can.

our garage ant heated so we have to wait.

Well Man I hope you truly do all this stuff you say you’re going to do. I hate to see anyone get picked on but I have to say it you bring most of it on yourself on here.

Like others have said here already, why be in such a hurry to grow up. From the stuff you have told us on here, it doesn’t seem like you have had too hard of a life, with mopeds and cars and such. Be glad you have a dad around to let you have those things even if he wont let you have a V8. There is a good reason behind it even if you don’t think so at the time. The time you spend now working on cars with your father will be the memories that will make you smile when he is gone down the road. I have not had a conversation with my father in years. I see the man maybe once a year at X-mas to drop off gifts for my family and it really is quite sad. Enjoy what you have now, because it can be taken away quite quick, once it’s gone you can’t get it back.

Oo, my car just got back from being primed today. Noone told me you couldnt paint it in this weather?

Sounds like you have a plan, but be prepared, when you go to paint it, if you have your license your going to be kicking yourself for not being able to get anywhere (you only have one car, and your taking yours off to mod it).

Ryan, dont tell us we dont like your car. I like your car, I like the color, and I like the fact that its a vert, get your head out of your ass and start listening you driving us nuts kid lol.

BTW you do not have to swap the k-member, that only applies to mustangs with a straight 6.

Oo, my car just got back from being primed today. Noone told me you couldnt paint it in this weather?

Sounds like you have a plan, but be prepared, when you go to paint it, if you have your license your going to be kicking yourself for not being able to get anywhere (you only have one car, and your taking yours off to mod it).

it will be getting panted right about the time i get my temps. for the time being... i get to use my dads mustang WOOT!!

Don't worry man, the time will come when you can do a v8 swap and have some power. Patience is key, don't try to grow up too fast. Ever since I graduated highschool, I've been looking back wondering what I could have done. Now it's hard as hell trying to party while working. You have the rest of your life to build the car you want, but you only get one shot at being young. That was my mistake and it continues. If I had to do over again, I would've been gettin piss drunk every weekend and going for every piece of ass I could get. Just hopefully I'll be able to make up for it in college, but thats still hard because most of my friends have went their own way. Even the tightest knit groups break, just like we did. Back on point though, focus on having fun with your life at your age instead of being pissed off all the time about the car you drove.

Its funny thinking back now. When I was 15 I had a 66 Mustang that me and my dad restored into a cruiser. Paint was nothing great, interior was very clean, under hood was nice enough for local cruises, but not nice enough to worry about driving it, it had a weak 302 with a 2bbl, a T5 out of a mid 80s 5.0, drum brakes, and Saleen style mesh wheels on it. The car looked really good, and around my 15th birthday I dumped probably $1500 into new chrome, 3" cowl hood, and headlight bezels painted, along with a Shelby Front splitter and an offset running horse for the grill. The car was nothing special but it was mine and I loved it. I had all intentions of building a motor, new brakes, suspension, interior, exhaust, everything. I had probably 15 lists of parts I had planned to buy, and every one was different. I had one advantage though, I didnt have the message boards like you have. Instead of sitting online and picking my nose, I was working on the car, washing it, cleaning it, taking things off and on... anything to make it better. If you had asked me at 15 what the future held I would have told you all about the 66 Mustang I would have, with insane power, and all the luxuries of a Lexus...

The reality was, less than a year later the car was gone. We sold it to put a down payment on my moms new Subaru, and I was given the keys to a stock 89 5.0, AOD with a pair of dynomax super turbos, and 10 hole wheels. I wasnt thrilled but hey, I was going to be driving a 5.0 for my first car. I started with wheels/tires, then Flowmaster catback. Gears and a few other mods came and I was loving the new car. I decided to step the mods up and thats when I realized I could not keep ripping my daily driver apart. I was stuck driving my grandmas 1987 Taurus Wagon because my car would not start after a set of mods. After being ripped off by a shop to fix it (this why I never let anyone touch the car mechanically) I decided to buy a DD. After summer ended the first snow storm hit and the next day I had a 95 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited. I loved the truck but after a year or so it started to have typical Chrysler issues, and I promptly fixed and sold it. Bought a 93 4 cyl Mustang to drive around, and I still have that car today. It gets me around while the 5.0 is my toy car, that runs alright, and in the next few months should be done and look pretty damn good.

Moral of this story, when your 15 you try and rush things and have 103763 plans. Less than 2 years later (no time at all) you could be like me, and own TWO completely different vehicles than you ever imagined, andthings could be better or worse. Just remember, patience is a virtue, dont try and rush stuff. Work hard, be smart about it, and go for what you want to do (not just something you want to do one day, dont want to do the next)!

Coming from someone completely impartial to the situation, you'd be a MORON to paint that car. You won't get the money back out of it in terms of resale value, or anything else. Like someone mentioned earlier, I'd much rather have an original paint car than something that was already repainted.

Coming from someone completely impartial to the situation, you'd be a MORON to paint that car. You won't get the money back out of it in terms of resale value, or anything else. Like someone mentioned earlier, I'd much rather have an original paint car than something that was already repainted.

my car my rules....IM NOT DRIVING A FREAKIN BROWN MUSTANG GOT IT...........?

so are you gonna keep the car?? or are you just gonna replace a ****load of parts and then sell it? jw.

idk, i thought anout what you all said with the repainting it the stock color and stuff so ive been thinking about that.

water pump has started making alot of noise more and more. its going out so im gonna replace it before it goes while were out and aout with it. alternator im replacing because its not charging 100% anymore.(has it tested at auto zone) and the battery is becasue this one dont hold a charge and its the size of my tractors battery lol.

that or i may just pull the engine while im at it and replace some gaskets and suck and paint the engine bay then or something. it's still all up in the air.

idk but today i started the car up after charging the battery(wont hold a charge for more then 5 mins :nonono: and i popped the hood while it was running and it was smoking from behind the distributor so i shut the engine off and pulled all the air filter crap off and started it back up went up and looked after about 20 seconds it started to smoke a little but. at first i thought some wires may be touching something that's getting hot but that's no the case. shut it back off and opened the throttle of the carb and tons of the smoke pured out of the 2barles (its a 2 bbl carb) and im kinda thinking... :scratch:..pulled the carb off looked it over cleaned it out and put it back on the intake hooked everything back up and it still did it....:scratch: still trying ti figure out what it is.....i kinda wonder if its part of the smog thing that recycles your exhaust gas to make the engine start up easier?

i re wired the whole radio today. sounds alot better but im gonna replace the front speakers.(anyone know where to buy some?)

Ryan-