Hey There! I Need Help Figuring Out My First Mustang!

BroncosSBchamps

Jul 12, 2016
Im 20 years old with enough saved up to afford a 2016 Ecoboost Mustang (I know I know, it's all about the V8) I took one for a test drive at the Ford dealership and I liked it's speed and power. Plus since I'm 20 I don't want the insurance to be too high.

I guess my question is would the Ecoboost Mustang be a good buy? Or would the Ecoboost premium be worth the upgrade? Or should I keep saving and wait a year or two and buy a V8/higher tier Mustang? Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

Honestly, if I were you, I'd save up for the 5.0.

I understand the insurance rates being ridiculous though, at twenty, it ain't cheap. Have you looked at how much more the 5.0 is over the ecoboost?

Make your own cost analysis on it. Keep in mind gas mileage, insurance, maintenance, etc.

There are people out there making some crazy power with the ecoboost engine, there are lots of add ins you can buy.

That said, you'll be happier with the V8 in the long run. You won't have to spend as much money trying to show people how you four makes almost as much power as a V8.

If you can afford the premium package, get it.

Honestly, if I were you, I'd save up for the 5.0.

I understand the insurance rates being ridiculous though, at twenty, it ain't cheap. Have you looked at how much more the 5.0 is over the ecoboost?

Make your own cost analysis on it. Keep in mind gas mileage, insurance, maintenance, etc.

There are people out there making some crazy power with the ecoboost engine, there are lots of add ins you can buy.

That said, you'll be happier with the V8 in the long run. You won't have to spend as much money trying to show people how you four makes almost as much power as a V8.

If you can afford the premium package, get it.
Ah man, I just looked, the 5.0 is about 3,000 more than the Ecoboost premium, but the 5.0 premium is nearly 6,000 more. I have been watching some videos on the premium package and to me it looks worth it over the regular package.

This car would be my daily driver. I could probably afford the Ecoboost premium but I would definitely have to save a bit more for the 5.0 premium.

Also would it be a bad idea to buy it new or should I try to look for a used one with low miles? I've heard the depreciation is terrible

Ah man, I just looked, the 5.0 is about 3,000 more than the Ecoboost premium, but the 5.0 premium is nearly 6,000 more. I have been watching some videos on the premium package and to me it looks worth it over the regular package.

This car would be my daily driver. I could probably afford the Ecoboost premium but I would definitely have to save a bit more for the 5.0 premium.

Also would it be a bad idea to buy it new or should I try to look for a used one with low miles? I've heard the depreciation is terrible
A slightly used GT may be closer to what you could spend.

Yes, depreciation does take a big bite out of your car's value.