Discussion in '2.3L (N/A & Turbo) Tech' started by nitrousrush, Dec 3, 2003.

1. IM lookin for the gt 5.0 kit for my lx tryin to convert n e part will be help full im willing to buy ...
  2. English, motherf***er....do you speak it? :p

Try eBay or the SN classifieds.

3. i know ebay ... and i thought people on here would maybe have some for cheaper doesnt hurt to ask and ... dont cuss at me fa*
  4. It's from a movie, dude, chill out.

5. I talked to a performance shop, and they said it would cost $4000 for a complete FRPP GT40 motor swap, with all the needed parts and labor. You'd have to grab parts from the junkyard, or eBay, or perhaps buy everything new. Try grabbing a copy of Muscle Mustangs and Fast Fords, and put it together using the ads there.
  6. cough, turbo four cylinder, cough, cough

7. Why the hell does everyone want to turn their LX into a GT?
  8. I dont really know, I want to turn my LX into a DX :jaw: :bs:
  9. Good point. They weigh a bunch more, thanks to the extra body parts.
  10. i put a gt wing and a gt front bumper witha cobra insert, i have gt turbine wheels on aswell, for some reason my 2.3na just doesnt go as fast as other gt's...i cant figure it out, i mean i have 75% of the body kit and aperance, i even have a gt front swaybar!....maybe i need the emblems that say 5.0 :scratch:
  11. y because the gt looks sick and i wanna drop the 5.0 in mine because i can get it cheap caz i know people... the lx body is to plan i like the fog light and the side skirts ... i wish i had pics to show u of my car now u would **** ur pants...
  12. Probably not, but OK.

I personally get tired of seeing Fox GT's, that's all people have around here if they have a 5.0. Almost no LX's.
  13. i have a lx it doenst have no gt parts on it .. yet? everyone tells me how hard my car is ... and yes u would be amazed how much i have done to it
  14. It'd have to really be something else to shock any of us here. Most of the guys answering here have taken their NA Stang and converted it to a **cough TURBO 2.3 cough** instead of the **cough every bodies got a 5.0 cough**.
    Cheaper and just as quick. But welcome aboard and good luck with whatever you decide.

15. Guess your car doesn't need any "supplements" then...
  16. yea but its not about what they think i want it to be how i want it ... and im just gonna keep puttin stuff on it sell it and get a 5.0 i beleive im on the verge of buyin a black one right now i jsut wanna put exhaust on the 2.3 jsut somehting i wanna do
  17. let me tell you right now from experiance

and in case you didnt hear me

im speaking from experiance of doing a 5.0 swap after i blew my 4cyl on nitrous....

my grand total was OVER 5K and that was with a 600 dollar motor, a rebuilt T5 tranny, and a bunch of used parts.....and that was carb'd...if you think that your going to do an EFI 302 swap correctly for 4 grand then good luck

i wish i had done the turbo swap instead now, i had one good day of driving with that car after the swap and that was the day i got it out of the shop the third time after the accesory bracket broke....before that the fuel pump took a crap, and various other things went wrong

do a 4 cyl turbo swap, trust me
  18. oh, and howd you make your cold air intake?
  19. i wouldnt do a swap id buy a 5.0 u spend over 5 grand u can just buy a 5.0 for that much and ...i got a fenderwell cold air intake on mine its bolts into the fender its for a 5.0 but i put it in mine its sweet... and umm i just wanna put exhaust on my 2.3 then im prob done wit it ill jsut drive it from their..
  20. What have you done to your car? Reading your signature, you've got a cold air intake, springs, and wheels.