HG....AGAIN!!! Which HG goes on backwards??

95CobraMike said:
my zip code is 45830
colorshift is cool....then i can be part way like you and that is my dream!!!
let me know what the charge is and your paypal address and i will send you the money...i'm using a prite bottle as of now :nice:
PM me your full addy and paypal me $14 to [email protected]. USPS Priority to you by Thursday if I mail by tomorrow. :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

does the overflow tank have a way to release pressure??? or is it sealed off??

i have a sprite bottle as my overflow tank, now i am getting coolant spraying out under the hood, i think from the radiator cap...

95CobraMike said:
hello....
have to re-do my hg's...well one of them anyway...it was put on backwards...the question is, which one goes on opposite of the way it is labled?

and why the F do they label both of them front if one of them doesnt go to the front??????? :notnice:

Just a heads up, those GT40 heads are notorious for blowing head gaskets. Might I suggest going to a TFS, Edelbrock or AFR head, then you won't be relplacing head gaskets all the time. :)

It's vented. The cap has plenty of play in it. Also, the coolant goes into the overflow at the bottom, so it doesn't splash around. The hot coolant comes out pretty fast, so putting it into a Sprite bottle would bounce the coolant off the bottom and back out. It'll do for now.

At least you now know where your cooolant has been going to.

chickendreamer said:
Just a heads up, those GT40 heads are notorious for blowing head gaskets. Might I suggest going to a TFS, Edelbrock or AFR head, then you won't be relplacing head gaskets all the time. :)
If the head and deck are prepped properly, there is no one head that will blown a head gasket before the next. Saying that one head is notorious for blowing head gaskets isn't the full story - the person that installed the heads/headgaskets is at fault for 99% of HG failures, not the heads.

Joe

eades5.0 said:
"If someone does not like my advise, then don't listen. END OF STORY"

Dont worry u didnt have to type that...we knew that as soon as we saw your rediculous 1st post in this thread...MR.31 total post count.
All hail the HPjunki GHOD
You are the piece-o-s**t that started all this. I would love to know how much experience you have with o-ringed cyl. heads. I doubt any. You call my advice "terrible". My brother and I have worked on engines for over 20 years. We put together an 850 horse motor for his speed boat, and it spit out a couple gaskets without any detonation. FELPRO recommended having the heads ringed and it never blew another. Now if you consider this "rediculous", then I don't give a crap. You like to run your mouth alot MR. 3 zillion posts. It has been my experience in life that you are either a talker or a do-er. You are obviosly not second. That size 12 shoe of yours is going to look pretty funny sticking out of your own asss!
All hail MR. "I AM THE POST GOHD"

Joes95GT said:
If the head and deck are prepped properly, there is no one head that will blown a head gasket before the next. Saying that one head is notorious for blowing head gaskets isn't the full story - the person that installed the heads/headgaskets is at fault for 99% of HG failures, not the heads.

Joe

Installation and tune is a big part of it, I will agree with you but the GT40 heads still have a thinner deck surface .500 or so where if you were to look at the edelbrocks for example they have a .625 deck surface. Don't ask me to explain the physics behind it but bet per bet you'll have more GT40 people blowing head gaskets than the edelbrock, TFS or AFR guys. :D

ARVtheHPjunki said:
You are the piece-o-s**t that started all this. I would love to know how much experience you have with o-ringed cyl. heads. I doubt any. You call my advice "terrible". My brother and I have worked on engines for over 20 years. We put together an 850 horse motor for his speed boat, and it spit out a couple gaskets without any detonation. FELPRO recommended having the heads ringed and it never blew another. Now if you consider this "rediculous", then I don't give a crap. You like to run your mouth alot MR. 3 zillion posts. It has been my experience in life that you are either a talker or a do-er. You are obviosly the second. That size 12 shoe of yours is going to look pretty funny sticking out of your own asss!

please stop posting in my thread....once again... you are of no help. u are just causing problems

ARVtheHPjunki said:
You are the piece-o-s**t that started all this. I would love to know how much experience you have with o-ringed cyl. heads. I doubt any. You call my advice "terrible". My brother and I have worked on engines for over 20 years. We put together an 850 horse motor for his speed boat, and it spit out a couple gaskets without any detonation. FELPRO recommended having the heads ringed and it never blew another. Now if you consider this "rediculous", then I don't give a crap. You like to run your mouth alot MR. 3 zillion posts. It has been my experience in life that you are either a talker or a do-er. You are obviosly the second. That size 12 shoe of yours is going to look pretty funny sticking out of your own asss!

Heck fire

You got a reply to your post that was not agreable to your way of thinking.

Its happened to me and most of the others on this site as well but .........

it don't happen too often here and thats what makes this site my favorite.

I've been on this site for quite some time now and most here are a pretty good bunch of guys.

Show us you don't have to have the last word about this thing and don't post in this aggressive type of manner again and then you will have the ability to benefit from the knowledge of others on this site and share with us the things you know as well.

Come on now ...... just let it go and forget about it.

Later
Grady

ARVtheHPjunki said:
You are the piece-o-s**t that started all this. I would love to know how much experience you have with o-ringed cyl. heads. I doubt any. You call my advice "terrible". My brother and I have worked on engines for over 20 years. We put together an 850 horse motor for his speed boat, and it spit out a couple gaskets without any detonation. FELPRO recommended having the heads ringed and it never blew another. Now if you consider this "rediculous", then I don't give a crap. You like to run your mouth alot MR. 3 zillion posts. It has been my experience in life that you are either a talker or a do-er. You are obviosly not second. That size 12 shoe of yours is going to look pretty funny sticking out of your own asss!

You know nothing about me, your the puss getting all butt-hurt about givin bad info.
Anyways, I didnt start anything, alls I said was that was a terrible recc. u gave. I ran o-ringed edle heads on my 331 S-Trim combo for 3 years, the fel-pro lockwires..same ones u mention. They do hold under boost, but if tune or something goes wrong..your piston will be the fuse poppin and not the headgasket. Reguardless a good tune is what keeps headgaskets in one piece..not the gasket itself (good gasket def helps though)
Now on to Cometic's...if Mr.31 post would do a lil research or call any reputable speed shop he'd realize that he is infact wrong. The cometics are hands down a better gasket. I have mentioned 2-3 times in this thread what they are and do..if u need anymore info do a search.
More so you dont have to pay the extra $$ to have the head machined for the o-ring.
So like I said....him recc. a lockwire gasket to this guy, when he already runs a cometic hg is just plain rediculous..period.
If someone already has o-ringed heads and is running the lockwires under boost with no probs (like i did for years) then coo keep um..not knockin that, But when someone ALREADY has the better gasket, and someone recc.'s them to ditch that for a o-ring...C'mon.
Hopes this explains it.