HI and new guy here

pmorritt

Feb 3, 2011
New to forum, but not to Ford and Mustangs. Just sold my '08 GT500. Just got bored (yea I know) with the beast and wanted a vert this time. Just place an order for a 2012 Ca Spec vert. Triple black, 6-speed rower, hid/security pkg. Anyone know the answer to these questions?
1-since the it is an option on the GT premium, is there a compass and ambiant temp read out somewhere on the dash-or in the rr mirror?
2-my GT500 had serious wheel hop that was fixed with replacement BMR upper and lower rear control arms. But along with that came some unwanted additional noise/vibration due to poly bushings. So, do any of you with '11 GT's experience wheel hop under hard acceleration? I think the springs, shocks, anti roll bars and all such was stiffened up in 2011 and again for 2012. Again greetings Pics added whe she arrives.

• Sponsors (?)

I haven't noticed any wheel hop, but then I haven't noticed anything out of what I would call ordinary. (like my water or coffee spilling on hard turns and fast take offs).
Oh, needed to add, the only thing that threw me was the 1st to 4th on slow take offs on the Manual Tranny. If you take off at the right speed it will force you to go from 1 to 4, which made me think I had forgotten how to shift. 'Till I came here and found out it was the car. :D

There is a Temp and compass display on the Radio display if you don't get the Nav option, and if you do I imagine its on the main nav screen.

Congrats on the order...sounds nice!

On the skip-shift feature, if you get a tuner, you can turn it off...or if you just unplug the connector on the tranny, that works too.

For the wheel hop, there have been some folks experiencing it on the 11's. Some don't. If you do have it, from what I've read (have no personal experience on this since I'm still waiting on my GT) lower control arms usually do the trick.

Hope this helps!

Thanks all for the answers. No nav ordered as I like to get lost once in awhile. But really, 2k for the electronics pkg-and with technology going as fast as yesterdays cell phone is old, just 300 bucks and I can pick up a new Garmin once a year and still be ahead. Nice to hear the compass and temp are included-just niceties. Also the '12's added HomeLink and lighted vanity mirrors. Will be adding my 2 cents every now and then.

Also with the GT premium comes SYNC. And with that, you get 3 years of free turn-by-turn navigation. I didn't know this and thought it was pretty cool. I've used it a few times.

Basically you go to "services" and then you can speak an address, or give a business name in the city...etc...and it will download voice instructions to guide you along. I've only really used it one time, but it worked.

There are lots of things with SYNC that I have yet to figure out. You're going to love your new car! Congrats!