Hi everybody real quick question

bobdoletime

Nov 11, 2010
Tampa,Fl
Hey I know this might sound crazy but :shrug: (i really like all the smiley faces) How would someone go about starting their own "Steeda" or "SMS supercars"? and why isn't there a more options for turbo mustangs? please don't just :rolleyes: and :bs: I am pretty serious about trying to put something together

• Sponsors (?)

Hey I know this might sound crazy but :shrug: (i really like all the smiley faces) How would someone go about starting their own "Steeda" or "SMS supercars"? and why isn't there a more options for turbo mustangs? please don't just :rolleyes: and :bs: I am pretty serious about trying to put something together

I believe most of these companies start with a well respected race car driver, engine builder, etc. that has a following in motorsports already, that will give this type of company a good chance at success. Hopefully, you are already in some way involved in racing (and winning!).

As for turbo's, I believe they are just more complicated and costly to build and design because of all the piping. I would always prefer turbo over a supercharger, but it will cost me more.

Just my 2 cents...:shrug:

OK so I don't have any racing experience or my own following but my future father-in-law has some local automotive respect and a small shop already so who would i get in contact with about designing a turbo/performance/body kit package? I'm thinking rousch style stage1 looks, stage 2 handling, stage 3 power. Who would i talk to first? where do i find the people to design this stuff?

OK so I don't have any racing experience or my own following but my future father-in-law has some local automotive respect and a small shop already so who would i get in contact with about designing a turbo/performance/body kit package? I'm thinking rousch style stage1 looks, stage 2 handling, stage 3 power. Who would i talk to first? where do i find the people to design this stuff?

Design it yourself. :) If it were easy we'd all own a Mustang shop.

You need a BIG wallet for that being that it sounds like you want to make a Roush type production car. You need licensing from Ford, you'll need drivetrain, suspension and body engineers, and you'ld need to pass all government emissions and safety regulations etc..... You're essentially starting a car company, that is what Roush, Saleen, Hennesey etc... are they're not shops they're car companies they just use an already done foundation.

You need a BIG wallet for that being that it sounds like you want to make a Roush type production car. You need licensing from Ford, you'll need drivetrain, suspension and body engineers, and you'ld need to pass all government emissions and safety regulations etc..... You're essentially starting a car company, that is what Roush, Saleen, Hennesey etc... are they're not shops they're car companies they just use an already done foundation.

most companies (hennessy, UGR, etc etc) all started out doing one specialty thing. hennessy just did some body upgrades and a few bolt ons to begin with. as time went on things got more complex. now the snake has a crapton of stuff and a very lucritive operation rolling. the underground racing guys started out modding mustangs (i think) and now work on lambos.

its all about starting with your niche, getting good at it (or in hennessy's case, being a marketing genius while ripping people off and selling not so great product) and building from there.

a body kit and a turbo isn't a big deal but the real reason these companies use a roots blower is because its easy to install, reliable, and totally consistent.

i had my fill with turbo cars. they're cool but boost leaks are a pain. im too lazy for that.