Hi guys, need help with Catback system

MotleyCrue

Dec 5, 2003
Cedar Falls, IA
Hi everyone,

I placed an order earlier this week for a catback system for my 2004 Mustang GT from SLP, i ordered the Loudmouth catback system they have. I got a call a few minutees ago from one of the customer service reps and they told me they wanted to hold the order because they were afraid of fitment problems because its a 2004 and they havent tried the catback out on a 2004 yet, they also mentioned someone bought one of the systems and tried to put it on a 2004 GT, but ran into some problems, so instead of holding it, i told them to cancel the order. My next question is i need to buy a catback, but i need something that will fit a 2004 GT but i wanted to stay in my $350.00 price range. Does anyone know how the Mac catback is with the 3.5" tips? It was 344.00 at CRmotorsports, but i wanted to find out here. What about flowmaster? DO they make a catback that will work for me? Thanks

Chris

• Sponsors (?)

I was over at JBA racing today talking about my next project and the opinions i got about the Flowmasters and the Magnaflows were as such:

The Flowmasters, with their different structures (baffling) cause the sound to resonate, and while that sounds nice, it really makes the interior very noisy.

The Magnaflows, with the cones covered in steel wool and the fiberglass around the inside of the muffler, cause a somewhat throaty/raspy sound but the interior noise levels are apparently lower. however if you punch it, you'll still hear the rumble and roar of the exhaust.

This is what I was told and I am not saying its true or not, or one system is better than the other, its all a matter of preference. This is what I was told today so don't reply and tell me how wrong I am or anything because it's secondhand information. I am going with the magnaflows and JBA headers myself :nice: