Hi there...

Discussion in 'The Welcome Wagon' started by Jnicho, Feb 7, 2013.

1. Jnicho

Jnicho New Member

Hi gang,

I just picked up my first Mustang on Tuesday night. I've been driving a 99 Cougar for awhile and have decided to "donate" it to my 2 teenage daughters, so I decided to get myself a 98 GT convertible. 80,400 miles and in awesome condition. I don't know the cars history, but it appears to have had some exhaust work...I have not been able to take a close look yet, but the exhaust note is much louder and richer than any stock 4.6L's I've heard. Under the hood someone has added a cold air intake, a few chrome bits and some braided stainless hoses. The car has a slight lope at idle...I don't know if this a mild cam, or if something else is causing it...there is no hesitation or other indications of a problem that might go with a rough idle, so I'm not sure what to think.

Future mods will likely be some new wheels. I like the look of something very classic like the Chrome Bullitt's in a staggered setup. I'll also probably do LED's all around like I did on my Cougar and replace the headlights with some type of projector/halo setup. Thinking about an "arch" for when the top is down and a boot as well. Other than that I'll probably not do too much else...maybe a set of springs to drop 1.5" as I like the hunkered down/squatty look.

Everyone likes to see pics, so here are a few of the old Cougar and the new Stang.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. gearheadboy

Mod Dude

My favorite stock wheels on that body. Just lower it and you are done. Welcome aboard!

3. Jnicho

Jnicho New Member

I may just do that...and space the rear wheels out so they fill out the fender better. I do actually like the stock wheels fairly well, I've just never been one to keep stock wheels on anything...even the family mini van got aftermarket wheels, LOL!

4. madspeed

madspeed Colonel Mustard
    Mod Dude Founding Member

Showcase:
    Albums:
    welcome aboard. I bet the girls are happy!

5. Jnicho

Jnicho New Member

Thanks. Yes they are pretty excited. One is a Mustang fanatic so she thinks she should get the Stang, LOL...overall I think they are doing pretty well for a first car with the Cougar. It's only a 2.0L and has 149K on it, but it beats the heck out the '75 Granada I had for a first car!