Fox Hid H/l Conversion

G00nies

Nov 7, 2014
Anyone use the
HID Xenon DC Headlight "Slim" Conversion Kit by SDX
9004 HB1

?
Looking to update/replace my aged HID setup from years ago and this seems legit.
Want to update the standard foglights with the
Kensun Xenon HID Conversion Kit H3 600k white to match.

Thoughts?

• Sponsors (?)

I still need to figure out WHY my head lights flicker (regular or halogen) after 5 minutes of running the fog lights.
???

Power to the foglamps is drawn through the headlight switch. A common issue with Mustangs is for the power draw to melt or damage the headlight switch. The wiring/contacts are undersized for the amount of power the two foglamps pull.

A rewire is the fix. You would rewire the headlamp switch so that the fog lamp wires activates a relay that sends power to the fog lamps directly from the solenoid.

If you continue to use the fog lamps powering them off the headlight switch, you run the risk of melting the switch, or a fire. You certainly shouldn't power HID ballasts though this as the power draw on startup can certainly exceed what the headlight switch can take.

Reactions: 1 user
Power to the foglamps is drawn through the headlight switch. A common issue with Mustangs is for the power draw to melt or damage the headlight switch. The wiring/contacts are undersized for the amount of power the two foglamps pull.

A rewire is the fix. You would rewire the headlamp switch so that the fog lamp wires activates a relay that sends power to the fog lamps directly from the solenoid.

If you continue to use the fog lamps powering them off the headlight switch, you run the risk of melting the switch, or a fire. You certainly shouldn't power HID ballasts though this as the power draw on startup can certainly exceed what the headlight switch can take.

Good to know, thanks. Looks like I have my work cut out for me.....