HID help!! with pics - you guys tell me.....

wusthof

Nov 19, 2007
BC, Canada
Am I like totally fawking stupid here!!! Everything else connects perfectly!! I'm going nuts! I followed this utube link YouTube - 2005-2009 Mustang HID Install How To Video HD and did everything else the same (relay harness a little bit different tho. In the 1st pic there are 2 bare wies.....can I assume that they are for a dual system - mine is a single. I put the old bulb back in just in case >>>started smoking again - I even reversed the polarity myself on the spade wires>>>> smoked again - reversed polarity on the ballast>>>no smoke, so illumination. So, the smoky way must have been the right way...... lmao! - Disregard 2nd pic....found out not used because of harness. here are my pix:

View attachment 234440
View attachment 234441

WHAT THE HELL AM i DOING WRONG!!

• Sponsors (?)

I dont know what kind of kit you used but its definitely not a good one. A good one is simple plug and play. Id return that junk and buy one of these kits, ive had 5 different sets on different vehicles and have loved all of them, never any problems. sharphid.com

It's a 55w single beam VVME kit. I've heard sumgood things from here, so thats why I got it. I'll take sum more pix later that i think might be pertinent to my problem. Thx guys....any1 else?

Sorry my last post really didnt help. The bulb wires are not going to really matter which way they are hooked up, it should light up either way with no problems because a light works from current running through it, the bulb doesnt care which way current runs through it just as long as there is a current to make the filament hot. If your ballast is smoking it sounds like you got a junk ballast.

it's not the ballast...............smoke is actually coming from the base of the bulb itself (where the wires connect to the base of the bulb). It did light up, then started smoking and I said WTF and shut er' down (doesn't lite anymore lol). I know I hooked everything up properly........I mean, how can't you? I have daytime running lights, but they are put to the parking lights, so that shouldn't be a problem should it? I'm very hesitant in hooking up another good bulb to that relay side of the connection - I don't want another bulb going up in smoke. This so fking retarded!! I'm looking into prof. install because I'm losing my god damn mind here! thx fallenauthority, I dunno anymore
:bs::bs::bs::bs: