HID problems

wusthof

Nov 19, 2007
BC, Canada
Ok here we go....short n sweet. Hooked up a vvme 50w kit with relay harness, very easy install, BUT the passenger side bulb starts smoking:eek: WTF!! I just sent them an email, but probably won't hear back for a bit - the install was a very easy PnP. Any insight guys??? happen to anyone else? I can't even fathom how I screwed this thing up! TIA

• Sponsors (?)

I must have somehow...... I mean all the sockets lined up, and the two clip thingies went into the other hid socket........black 2 black >>> red 2 red :shrug:. That's y I'm so damn confused. I did see 2 other bare wires off of the relay harness(no connectors of any type) that I didn't notice b4 tho. Maybe, I'll send a pic b4 I fire up the system because now I'm out another 25 bux for another bulb

no bulb touch.....no moisture. Smoking from where the wire goes into the bulb (the bulb base). I still dunno how the hell I screwed it up??? There's two loose wires, but I think I've figured that it's for the high beams....I bought a single system, so I'll have to tape em' off. I will post pics soon on how they were wired (on the floor, not in car) - maybe you guys could see something I missed - I feel like such a fking idiot!! thanks a bunch guys.....update soon!!!