Hiding wires??

h0oligan

Jan 18, 2003
How do you hide your wires? Is there a site or something I can go to for how to's or tips? How long does it take? Any information or suggestions we be very helpful.

• Sponsors (?)

Its pretty easy. If you want to hide all of the wires you'll have to take out the whole harness, cut a hole under the fusebox big enough for all the wires to fit through, then just play around with them until they all plug in. You'll more than likely have to extend the pass side head light and blinker wires a little bit. There really is no set way to hide wires, just as long as they are out of site and all hook back up in the right place.

If you're doing it this way, the pass side lights and the fan wires will all have to be longer to reach. If you keep the CCRM in its normal place, you shouldn't have to legthen the fan wires. I dont have any before pictures though. But if you look right under where the fuse box was, you'll see the hole I had to cut for the wires to go through.

wires01.jpg

wires02.jpg

wires03.jpg

The first time I did it, I just cut that hole right under the fuse box and ran the wires through that way. A few weeks ago, I decided I wanted to smooth out my fenders so I moved my fuse box to inside the fender like you see in that picture.

I wasn't gonna post these untill I cleaned the bay...but go figure this thread popped up..lol...ohwell
Don't mind the ugly color of my bay..ha ha...the flash on the camera makes it look greenish for some reason..not like that in person.

OK Before

neweng3.jpg

I'm moving the alarm horn/trunk realease cable as well, just so you can get the idea. Also removing all those lil plastic clips..lol...this pic was literally taken right after i finished..lol
And will also fill the holes and paint the bay....not anytime soon. This was very time consuming...took me many hours.

Very nice and clean. Makes the engine bay look so much more wrench friendly, especially with that battery out of there. Did you have to extend any of the wires to reach or will they all reach with the proper re-routing. And where in front of the radiator, up top or lower? Or could I just put mine underneath the stock black radiator cover.

h0oligan said:
Very nice and clean. Makes the engine bay look so much more wrench friendly, especially with that battery out of there. Did you have to extend any of the wires to reach or will they all reach with the proper re-routing. And where in front of the radiator, up top or lower? Or could I just put mine underneath the stock black radiator cover.

don't forget though, he's also got a ps delete (i think?) and he got rid of the radiator overflow bottle

that looks a lot better!.. probably the best thing you can do for engine bay dress up.. id love to do it though i have no faith in myself.. and do you all have the battery in the trunk?.. what did that take?

h0oligan said:
whats a ps delete? Yeah, i noticed the overflow bottle gone. Do you need an aftermarket radiator to do that?
a PS delete means he has a power steering delete. Do a search for 95snoozer (i think) and he'll tell you how to hide the coolant overflow tank. No matter what radiator you have, you'll still need one.