High Idle after Plenum/TB install

Blev

Aug 17, 2003
So. Cal. V-Town
I installed the Accufab Plenum/TB combo the begining of October and noticed that my idle is higher. It use to be around 700 RPM's in Park and now it's around 900 - 950. Anyone know why? :shrug: Is this bad? :shrug: How can I fix it? :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

HaywoodJablowme said:
Maybe your throttle cable has a bit of tension on it now? Can you grab that cable and manually attempt to close the TB and see if the idle comes down?

Hmmm....

I know it was just right with the old set up because I did the throttle cable mod. Maybe with the new set up it's a bit tighter. I'll check that, thanks.

Honestly mine did that and I thought the tps was bad but I just gave it time and the computer finally "learned" the new information. Also mine used to get caught up about 1500 after coming to a stop and then it would settle down after a few seconds, but it now performs like stock with idle. I will say it did take it a couple of months to get back to "normal".

A COUPLE MONTHS

Barker02GT said:
Honestly mine did that and I thought the tps was bad but I just gave it time and the computer finally "learned" the new information. Also mine used to get caught up about 1500 after coming to a stop and then it would settle down after a few seconds, but it now performs like stock with idle. I will say it did take it a couple of months to get back to "normal".
Holy crap....

Blev said:
Holy crap....

When mine was doing it I heard mixed things....get a new tps, reset computer, etc....but I knew the car felt strong on accelerating and so I just kept driving it until one day I noticed that the idle problem was no longer. Like I said, it took some time. I had checked my tps though and it was between the norm of .98 and 1.0 though...I would check that first off just to make sure and rule that out.