High octane fuel

• Sponsors (?)

Putting in 87 and 4 bottles of Octane will cost more then just adding 93. Defeates the purpose. Motor is not stock, cammed and other goodies. Will try 89 octane, hope doesn't start aknockin

Back it down to 10 degrees then. What other mods are on the car? Is it tuned?

Stock octane requirement is 87, so you could run it unless your modded the car in a way that needs higher octane. Running 93 for the hell of it is just a waste.

Of course, running well on 87 does depend on factors such as carbon in combustion chamber and such

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Rebuilt engine a few yrs ago, Big cam, shaved heads, pulleys, headers, 2 1/2 pipes (no cats) Fuel pressure regulator, 373's. I used to have it at 16 degrees and would run the heck out of it but since rebuild I'm just a regular Joe (Daily driver) with the occasional petal to the metal only on rare occasions

Stock compression is, what, 9.0:1? So with the shaved heads, you should still be well under 10:1. If its a street car, just back the timing off and run 87.

Octane is an additive that is mixed in to raise the combustion point of gasoline. If you really don't have high compression OR a whole bunch of timing, you don't need to run expensive gas. If you decide to go to the track or something, put in a tank of the expensive stuff and bump the timing then.

Reactions: 1 user
you guys know throwing like 4 bottles of octane booster doesnt take it up from say 87 to 93 right? it takes it up in octane points... a bottle of turbo 104 or whatever that big bottle is will take 87 to 87.4 but it also makes your plugs turn funny colors