higher mileage retired cop car worth it?

302fordracer

Mar 27, 2004
Vancouver, WA
I am looking for a stang to replace my 95 and I want another 5.0 although I am thinking about a fox instead this time...there aren't too many cars around here going for my price range but there is a 1993 ssp retired cop car that has 128,xxx miles on it that ran 12.3x's at 110...it is a notch and looks to have been extremely well maintained...plus my other mustang buddies own a performance shop that did most of the work on this car they say it is a real sweet car and that the guy is very honest and that he didn't skimp on any of the parts...I really like the car but it would be my dd...what do you guys think?? if the price is right and everything checks out on the car should I go for it?? I mean it is a retired cop car so it should have the reinforced engine and upgraded cooling and oil systems that apparently make those cars last much longer??

• Sponsors (?)

Brian

The car sounds like a nice find to be sure.

It also sounds like it has a fair amount of mods and the strip numbers you post up about it would support my thinking.

Please don't think I'm telling you to not consider the Fox Coupe (I really have a soft spot in my heart for those cars btw) but sometimes, cars with the mods like I suspect that car has don't always make for the most reliable dd's.

Just a different view point you might think about I guess.

Let us know what you decide!

Later
Grady