Highway Patrol Mustangs??

Flexia said:
there is a photochop floting around somewhere, i will try to pin it down and post it.

Found them, they are by vyto2
cop1.jpg
cop1rear.jpg

that kinda freaks me out. Makes me want to not but an 05

• Sponsors (?)

I think they'd be bada$$, but where would the prisoners be hauled???? It's not reasonable to call out a patty wagon to haul everyone. It would surely beat the crown vic. I'd say that cutting through the median would be a little harder though :)

right now the PA state Police has a confiscated 95 Cobra on there fleet. they got it from a drug bust. it is heavily modified with a stroker motor (347) and an ATI Procharger. it is Bright red with the "V" shaped light bar and a running horse graphics on the door. the horse is wearing the State Trooper Hat. the graphics kit is all gold and black. this car is a "floater" it floats around the state to all the barricks to put the scare of god into all the imports and american muscle as well. I was talking with the state trooper who drives this car all over the state for about an hour one night (at a wawa, not because i got pulled over) and he says dumb kids in hondas always try racing him so gets them up to about 30 over and turns the lights on, he says its beautiful... the looks on there faces when they cannot deny they were street racing! oh well i just thought everyone would like to know about PA's State Trooper mustang

HarleyFordFan said:
right now the PA state Police has a confiscated 95 Cobra on there fleet. they got it from a drug bust. it is heavily modified with a stroker motor (347) and an ATI Procharger. it is Bright red with the "V" shaped light bar and a running horse graphics on the door. the horse is wearing the State Trooper Hat. the graphics kit is all gold and black. this car is a "floater" it floats around the state to all the barricks to put the scare of god into all the imports and american muscle as well. I was talking with the state trooper who drives this car all over the state for about an hour one night (at a wawa, not because i got pulled over) and he says dumb kids in hondas always try racing him so gets them up to about 30 over and turns the lights on, he says its beautiful... the looks on there faces when they cannot deny they were street racing! oh well i just thought everyone would like to know about PA's State Trooper mustang
That is great, I would love to see a pic of the stang along with some stupid kids faces.

98CobraClone said:
I think they'd be bada$$, but where would the prisoners be hauled???? It's not reasonable to call out a patty wagon to haul everyone. It would surely beat the crown vic. I'd say that cutting through the median would be a little harder though :)
These cars would be used as interceptors. If you have an officer stationed somewhere on the interstate or highway operating laser/radar, they would call out the high speeds and these cars would go stop them. If they need someone transported they would call another officer who is designated to do just that. They wouldn't replace crown vics but would be used in specialty situations such as the interstate.

GTvert01 said:
Give them the GT, keep them the hell away from the cobras. :nice:
I here that

I think it has a lot to do with the fact that im going to be busted by a guy in the same car I'm driveing. Its a little dificult to explain to someone on the other side of the plexi glass.

Rob

Ps. thanks for the heads up harley we had a focus come threw like that ill keep em peels for the '95... I had to say it

Lawman85 said:
These cars would be used as interceptors. If you have an officer stationed somewhere on the interstate or highway operating laser/radar, they would call out the high speeds and these cars would go stop them. If they need someone transported they would call another officer who is designated to do just that. They wouldn't replace crown vics but would be used in specialty situations such as the interstate.

Exactly. Well said.

98CobraClone said:

Usually they dont use these to haul prisioners. They mainly stay on the highways handing out city revenue raising slips I mean tickets. They make good PR car's for the public.

mustang50v8 said:
i have seen in illinois a while back i saw a couple svt cop cars on the intersate. and just last year i saw a green camaro SS state trooper. and while my friend was in indiana he was pulled over buy a cop in a yellow corvette

Here in South Carolina they have both marked and unmarked Camaros. I saw one the other day with dark tinted windows, you couldn't even see the uniform on the driver. We stopped at the same light and my RD was going nuts!! I think that is overdoing the stealth bit. I would never have stopped for him.... anybody can buy blue lights from J.C.Whitney.

S.C. Troopers also have at least one BMW 530. Very fast and agile (of course). It's in full livery. They build BMWs here, and BMW gave that one to the state. It spends a lot of time on I-95.

We have a friendly state, but drive carefully when you visit!!! :o)

We have everything from 96-98 gt's expeditions intrepids crown vics ss camaros and impalas. This not to mention all the other under covers. Either way you can't out run a radio. If you drive a safe speed and save it for the track you won't have a problem

Ford should jump on that market while they can. I was reading an article a few weeks ago about how cops want the GTO but since it is built in limited #'s GM won't sell them to fleet buyers.

Now that the GT has 300HP and the Camaro is gone this seems like the perfect time for Ford to jump back in on this market.

Give the police all they need.....

In Cal we have too many police chases...

they need toys...like in sweeden they have a harpoon atached to the front of a police car witha cannon and just blast the speeder and stop the car....

If people see that Ford gets the CHP contract and has another SSP model.....

Everybody will be lining up for a Stang.....

FinlayZJ said:
In Doraville, GA they are using 2000+ black GT's and 94-96 Impala SS's. I see those bastards all over 285 bustin everyone.

Haven't seen it myself but, the wife has seen an unmarked black 99+ in Seneca, SC several times. The SC highway patrol here is using the Camaro.

Ive been talking with some of my Fl Hwy Patrol buddies in central Fl. They said FHP is going to go with a mustang contract probably starting next year. This comes from two officers that drive the camaro. They will either have the low profile LED light bars, very nice, bright and not very noticable or they will have the led bar that spans the insade width of the front windshield with led strobes in the grill. That will definately be sweet. As for our troopers, when they arrest they usualy transport the prisoners in the front passenger seat. Now the Camaro guys do as well or they call another trooper or us to assist.

:flag:

Gary

www.floridapoliceuntiytour.org