Hit a tire on the freeway, something broke!

04gtdrop

Jun 10, 2005
Sac, CA
Ok, I was on the freeway doing about 70 ish when I hit a full size tire, at first I thought I had a blow out, because I didnt see the tire go under my vehicle. I saw a little smoke and it got squirly and then I looked in my rear view mirror and saw the tire fly out from under my vehicle....I pulled over and checked everything out. All my tires were fine, but I noticed a rubber line on the passenger side had been ripped off. :nonono: :bang:

The hose that is missing was on the passengers side front wheel well. It looks like the line was connected to comes from underneath the vehicle on the passengers side, like near the fuel lines. But it is not a fuel line. I have some pics of the wheel well and you can see what is missing. :shrug:

I need someone to tell me what I am missing, the name of the part/hose. That way I can go to the dealership tomorrow and get a new hose and get this fixed ASAP.

Please help me. I have the pics but I can post them. I need to know what I messed up and the parts I need to fix it.

Thanks SN

• Sponsors (?)

Ok, so I took my car to the dealership and I spent alot of time there. I asked the service rep to help me. And i asked him what was broken and what parts were missing.

After looking at it and looking at a diagram. He said he thinks I am missng a couple hose's and lines. They have to do with the evaporation lines for emissions. They have something to do with the fuel lines and smog stuff. But im not losing fuel and dont have any fluids leaking out.

I took some pics the night it happened. But they are at different angles.

He said my canister is still in place and it looks like I will not have to replace the hard lines coming from the fuel tank. Its just one or maybe two hose's missing.

I hope thie narrows down the problem and you guys can help me figure out what part is missing.

Just to clarify, the damage is on the passengers side, up inside the wheel well. In relation to the engine bay, its near the back of the fire wall, just forward of the radio antenna. I dont know really how to explain it, becuase I dont know what it is.

Like I said earlier, the service rep said something about a canister, about smog and about evaporation. I lost my job last month, so I cant afford to have a shop fix it, I am going to have to fix it at a friends house soon.

hope this helps. thanks guys.

Here are the pics from Josh.

sspx0705.jpg

sspx0708.jpg

sspx0709.jpg

sspx0710.jpg

sspx0712.jpg

After looking at it and looking at a diagram. He said he thinks I am missng a couple hose's and lines. They have to do with the evaporation lines for emissions. They have something to do with the fuel lines and smog stuff. But im not losing fuel and dont have any fluids leaking out.

He said my canister is still in place and it looks like I will not have to replace the hard lines coming from the fuel tank. Its just one or maybe two hose's missing.

You ran over a tire at 70mph and just broke a couple EVAP lines...you got lucky.

What you should do is take off the lines that broke and take them to the dealer, explain where they came from and what they are for. The parts dept has diagrams to work with, and along with your description and old parts in hand, they should be able to get you what you need. Chances are slim anyone on here can get you specific part numbers just by looking at pictures.