HiTech Stage II woes... its a long story.

Kinda a long story so here it goes....I had ordered some Hitechs , springs , and retainers about a month ago. I didn't wait much time to get them put in. Had the dealership that I work at get it in the shop right away (Wed). Being an employee you kinda take a backseat. Car was in the shop for 3 days and on the 3rd day (Fri) the tech discovers I had got 2 left hand cams. So I called Hitech up and got them to send me another cam. So the next week (Tues) my right hand cam shows up. Tech was backed up and didn't get to work on it. Then he was sick for the next 2 days. Finally last Friday he finished up the install. He heard a small ticking and thought one of my lifters had gone bad. So there it sat at the shop for another weekend. On Monday he discovered that it was just a small exhaust leak and that the valve cover was actually making it echo and sound like a bigger problem then it was. So I finally get my car back but it wants to die because its idling too low. I took it home that night and bumped the idle up 100rpm to 800. It was running good until today when it started having the same problems. Now I'm thinking since I put TR6's in that they might be fouling out since the car was running pretty rich and hasn't been dyno tuned yet.:nonono: Other than that the car feels great.:nice: These cams sound gnarly and made the car feel 100x stronger.

• Sponsors (?)

They were good guys to deal with. It wasn't their fault that COMP misboxed them. I believe it was Bart that I dealt with. When he called me on Tuesday he asked how I liked them. I would recommend them to anyone with a 2V.:nice:
Now if I can just get everything straightened out.

Ive been in contact with a dyno tuner the past few days and hope to get that done in a week or two. I'm also curious to see what kind of times my car will run. Kinda wish I had a stall converter now but with the LT's it would be a PITA putting one in right now.