HiTech Stg. 2 vs. Comp 262's vs. Comp 270's

• Thread starter Deleted member 38176
  • Start date
Alright, I think thats what Im going to do.

I spoke with BAMA and they said that they wouldn't be able to write a tune for cams because they wouldn't be able to dial in the idle control functions properly.

Thanks for the advice fellas :nice:

Are you set in your ways about wanting all the go fast parts 1st? Depending on how much funding you have you might consider the tubes but also subframes and/or suspension upgrades. Right now you are losing some torque with body flex and subframes would give you more useable power along with the tubes those 2 would make the car feel much different imo

• Sponsors (?)

If you are set on cams just know you should include a tune in the mix. I have 262's in my car and have been real satisfied with them. Gave me a nice 30-35 HP bump with the tune. Also, it's not a cheap mod if you don't do the work yourself. If I didn't turn my own wrenches I would have never done it.

The other upgrades won't require a tune initially and some tuners will retune free once you get the other stuff installed. You could probably do all of the other stuff now with the money you have and be really satisfied with the purchase with the LT's and midpipe getting you the biggest bump.

If you are set on cams just know you should include a tune in the mix. I have 262's in my car and have been real satisfied with them. Gave me a nice 30-35 HP bump with the tune. Also, it's not a cheap mod if you don't do the work yourself. If I didn't turn my own wrenches I would have never done it.

The other upgrades won't require a tune initially and some tuners will retune free once you get the other stuff installed. You could probably do all of the other stuff now with the money you have and be really satisfied with the purchase with the LT's and midpipe getting you the biggest bump.

Hey Rick, did you have all of your mods done when you got tuned, including the PI intake? For some reason 240 RWHP seems low based on your other mods... should be between 250-260 RWHP IMO :shrug:

Hey Rick, did you have all of your mods done when you got tuned, including the PI intake? For some reason 240 RWHP seems low based on your other mods... should be between 250-260 RWHP IMO :shrug:
It's a pretty conservative tune. I had 170K miles on it when I did the cams. Once I get it on the road again I'm going to retune and go for broke. :D