Hittin the Dyno

blown65

Founding Member
Jul 7, 1999
Medford, Oregon
Did a few changes to my motor.

Ported the heads by Duane Busch, new springs, tit retainers, valve job, decked the heads to gain some compression also.
New Cam that he felt would work better for me.
Converter is off to UCC to change the stall speed. Probably around 6000-6500.
Added a GZ Vac Pump to the system also
Super Vic in place of my victor jr.

Hoping to pick up a fair amount of HP and be deep in the 10's this yr. :p

Should see the dyno by thurs if all goes right. Going to try out some Q16 VP fuel too.

532hp 450-460tq before. Hoping for something 600+hp and close to 500tq.

• Sponsors (?)

Alright, where's the blower? I assumed with your moniker than it was a blown 347 although the peak rpm had me wondering...now i'm really impressed!

:jaw:

Where can I find you engine specs?

LOL, I used to run a 6-71 blower quite a long time ago. Its just N/A, no power adders.

Few yrs down the road I still plan to go back to a power adder, probably a turbo of some sort. This will be fun for a while. :)

Solid roller 700 lift, ported vic jr heads, port match super vic, 950hp ProSystems carb, R302 block, Scat crank, hbeam rods, JE 13.9cc domed pistons (59cc chambers on the heads so right at 14-1 compression) Ran on Torco 114 and also Q16 (116 octane)

NICE!!!!
recent engine pics?

Dont have any but these, its still it at the engine shop.

NewBuild.jpg

intport.jpg

exhport.jpg

watched the dynomax bullets video...

got anything on that 68' in the background????

:D

ya, its a 8.2 deck 370 cu inch sporting TEA TFS ported Hi-ports and an AOD. Its not setup for drag racing, really tight converter but still turned 11.20's at 123mph with a crappy 1.85 60. 1st gear takes forever since that motor shifts at 8300.

Otherwise its a pretty much stock 67 GT350