Hitting 14's

• Sponsors (?)

M9rkym9rk112 said:
WOuld i be able to break the 14 sec barrier with the mods i have now??? If not, what other simple mods would i need to achieve 14's...

Maybe. I would say port out your upper/lower intake manifold... it's cheap and effective.www.rpm-mustangs.com This guy will do anything you want done... he has a bunch of options already to choose from as far as what you want done to your intake manifolds and heads etc. Also is your car AT or MT, some headers would help alot.

M9rkym9rk112 said:
My car is a manual...

Ok, well go to a track and run a couple of times or if you don't want to do that find a road thats mostly out of the way of everything (people, traffic, cops) and mark a spot on the road where it's a 1/4 mile and have somebody time you. Then after doing either one of those find out what you might need done, also give that web-site a look and see whats up. :D

I'm not telling you to speed illegally on a public street, i'm just giving an idea. (wink, wink, legal reasons)

How do you guys figure him to run 14s? No offense anyone...but maybe if this was a 99+ V6 car. As it is:

1998 Pacific Green V6 Mustang- running 16.5 or so stock.

Performance Mods:
-Magnaflow Dual Exhaust Kit (w/ h-pipe)
Without cars, you may have gained 15hp on this car. With cats, 10 at best.

-Mac Cold Air Intake
Blargh...I'll spot you 5hp for this, though it's probably more like 1 or 2 after the engine heats up.

-BBK Underdrive Pulley
Okay, these help significantly. I'll give you 10hp here.

-Diablo Sport Chip w/ flip switch
Advances timing I assume? I'll spot you 5hp.

-Ford Racing Traction Lock
-Ford Racing 3.73 Gears
This will be a big help. We'll be VERY generous and knock .5 off of your ET for this.

So...we've got a 185hp car now. V8 Mustangs with 215 hp usually run mid 15s. You've got 30 less hp. I'll give you high 15s. Knock off half a second for your traction lock/gears and your low 15s.

And I was VERY generous. Of course, I'd love for you to prove me wrong...

^ I didn't notice it was '98,... I assumed it was a 99+, thats my bad. Yeah, you may have to do a bit more than what you have done to break 14s. I would think that the diablosport chip would produce more than 5hp though, I have the handheld tuner and I got about 10rwhp outta that thing and they just do a generic tune for the car, atleast with a chip you can tell them whats up.... Definitley you might want to do a bit more work, headers, t-body, port those intakes, shifter. But again, you'll never know untill you try it out! :D :nice:

Swarzkopf said:
So...we've got a 185hp car now. V8 Mustangs with 215 hp usually run mid 15s. You've got 30 less hp. I'll give you high 15s. Knock off half a second for your traction lock/gears and your low 15s.

o comon you gotta count his 200lb weight difference for a little something :banana: lol

but anyways why not just head out to the track? even if you dont see 14's its still fun and youll need some practice before you can hit your best times. good luck man and i think still with a 98 u might be close

worked v6: i dont know why you keep plugging headers as giving massive power gains. on unboosted unhighly modded v6's they have been proven(5.0 mustang ran a v6 mod test) to not add any significant hp. just dont want to misinform him about mods but as far as all the testing ive heard of/read v6 headers arent gonna help you out until your already making some good power

Swarzkopf said:
How do you guys figure him to run 14s? No offense anyone...but maybe if this was a 99+ V6 car. As it is:

1998 Pacific Green V6 Mustang- running 16.5 or so stock.

Performance Mods:
-Magnaflow Dual Exhaust Kit (w/ h-pipe)
Without cars, you may have gained 15hp on this car. With cats, 10 at best.

-Mac Cold Air Intake
Blargh...I'll spot you 5hp for this, though it's probably more like 1 or 2 after the engine heats up.

-BBK Underdrive Pulley
Okay, these help significantly. I'll give you 10hp here.

-Diablo Sport Chip w/ flip switch
Advances timing I assume? I'll spot you 5hp.

-Ford Racing Traction Lock
-Ford Racing 3.73 Gears
This will be a big help. We'll be VERY generous and knock .5 off of your ET for this.

My mistake, didn't realize it was a pre99

FunkMasterFlex said:
worked v6: i dont know why you keep plugging headers as giving massive power gains. on unboosted unhighly modded v6's they have been proven(5.0 mustang ran a v6 mod test) to not add any significant hp. just dont want to misinform him about mods but as far as all the testing ive heard of/read v6 headers arent gonna help you out until your already making some good power

Because after I put headers on my car I could tell there was a noticeable difference. I didn't do it however until a bit later, as in it wasn't my first or one of my first mods... I did intake (CAI, MAF, t-body as one), pulleys (crankshaft, water pump, alternator), exhaust (borla-catback, custom y-pipe no cats), 180* thermo (it helped a bit... i think), Rims (18x9 & 18x10), T-lok, lowering springs, and then I did headers.... after putting the headers on I noticed a bit of a difference, sound wise and a bit more mid range and top end... I think I lost some down low or they had no effect down low. After that I did a bit more to the car, programmer, porting, more exhaust, shifter and tranny, brakes, etc. I'm just trying to give him some what of an idea on what he could possibly do, other than just going to nitrous, turbo or a blower.... just tryin to save him money, he doesn't have to take my word for it or my opinion. Also, like I said before, I didn't notcie it was a '98 and there fore he would have to do a little bit extra to hit something around the 14s mark... with out getting drastic about removing weight and adding power adders, thats all.

ok yeah i understand your support for headers after seeing your mods in the other thread. i just wanted to point out that near stock they have been tested to do virtually nothing until your already makin good power on a 6