Holes behind GT mustang emblems??????

cb18201

Oct 25, 2003
CT
i have heard there are big holes behind the GT mustang emblems, how big are these holes. (in inches) i am planning on getting these rectangle 302 emblems:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33697&item=2448022329

but i want to make sure they will completly cover the hole behind the gt mustang emblem, if anyone knows please help, or if you have a picture of the hole on your car it would help too, thanks

• Sponsors (?)

i know the middle hole is like a 1/2 in. but i can't remember if there is one on each side of that one or just one. Either way, they(it) is only like a 1/4 in. You should be good.

rustang94 said:
There is 1 hole behind each gt emblem about 1/4 inch maybe just a hair bigger. I took my gt emblems off and replaced them with the running ponys. and they covered the holes fine.

ok thats good then, the emblems im getting are about an inch tall. thanks guys

I broke out the camera and took you a pic, it should answer all of your questions! The 2 posts are circled in red.

Rick

Attachments

• fender emblem mounting posts size.jpg
    fender emblem mounting posts size.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 213
thanks man, do you think i could get away with putting on emblems that are only an inch tall?, it looks like exactly an inch i would have to cover, but i think it would be close

From the outer edge of the big post to the outer edge of the small one, it's 1 1/32". So the actual holes in the fender must be bigger. So figure the span is at least 1 1/8". And then I'd want some extra to 'seal' up the hole from water getting in (and starting rusting). If you want a 1/8" seal of adhesive around the outsides of the holes, your talking 1 3/8", at least. What emblems are you interested in?

Rick

rockin_rick said:
From the outer edge of the big post to the outer edge of the small one, it's 1 1/32". So the actual holes in the fender must be bigger. So figure the span is at least 1 1/8". And then I'd want some extra to 'seal' up the hole from water getting in (and starting rusting). If you want a 1/8" seal of adhesive around the outsides of the holes, your talking 1 3/8", at least. What emblems are you interested in?

Rick

these emblems: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33697&item=2448022329