Holley blue Electric pump Question?

bigbadjim

May 4, 2003
Regina, Sk
I have a carbed sbf in my stang. I'm installing a electric Holley blue pump. The original mechanical pump uses a large feed line to the pump and then a smaller return line back to the tank.

Do I install the pump in the large feed line and just cap off the return line?
Does a electric pump need a releif or retun line installed?
Does anyone know how these work on a carbed engine?
Also, where do I mount the pump? Close to the tank or up front?

Help me out guys?:SNSign:

• Sponsors (?)

What year of car and what engine? I don't know if I've ever seen a mechanical pump with a return line. Mine just has a internal bypass I believe.

I don't have any experience with holley blue pumps, but I would just seal the return line and put a regulator in after the pump, unless it has its own regulator.. You're also supposed to mount the pump close to the tank, because they push fuel better than they pull it.

Answered my own questions on www.holley.com

I guess a holley blue doesn't really need a return line. A carbed street/strip motor requires 6-8 psi... Any more and the needles won't seal and flooding will occur. The pump needs to be mounted low and near the tank. The regulator needs to be as close to the carb as possible. The screw on the regular, (clockwise raises the psi, counter lowers the psi) The pumps are ment to push fuel not pull. Needs a 7.5 amp fuse in line....... yada,yada :rlaugh: