Holley Tuners??

jasonn

Founding Member
Sep 26, 2002
By Rochester MN
I have an old 750 d.p. that I put on a proform main body. But I think that this problem was there before I did the main body change (it was years ago). I had the engine dyno'd so I know wide open throttle the air/fuel is right where it makes the power and is Plenty safe. Problem is cruising. Even just sitting there, if you open the throttle to "off ide" circuit, you can see the fuel dumping in and the motor actually kind of burbles. Thing smells WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY gassy. TERRRRRIble fuel mileage. Is this off idle circuit in the main body or is it in the metering blocks?? (Have a brand new p.v., lowest one they make with the blowout kit)

• Sponsors (?)

That's the problem with downleg boosters. It does not take much vacuum signal to start them flowing when you want them to and even when you don't want them to like at idle. To stop the flow at idle you can stick a pen tip first (temporarily) into the high speed air bleed which will stop the vacuun signal to that booster. To get rid of the eye burning fumes I would increase your idle air bleeds a couple of numbers which will help your air/fuel mixture screws become more sensitive. I only use mine at the race track and change it out to a more street friendly carb if I am cruzing on the street.