Holly Help!!!!!!!

sand1man

Founding Member
May 14, 2002
Charlotte, N C
Holley Help!!!!!!!

heres what I have, A Holley 650 DP, I blew the power valve a while back and finally got around to fixing it, I put a plug in it and heres my problem.

1. at idle the car is running rich according to a/f gauge, do I adjust this with jets or is there a different way for idle??

2. at cruising speed it runs rich but not as bad as when idleing, same question here, jets or adjustment screw?

3. last but not least I currently have 88 as the secondary jets, any idea on what I need to go up to since I plugged the powervalve.

Thank you for all the help.

• Sponsors (?)

when you plug a powervalve, you're supposed to compinsate by going up 6 jet sizes.

To adjust the air/fuel mixture for the richness at idle. Get the car to normal operating temp. and turn the air/fuel mixture screws until the highest idle is achieved, or you can hook up a vacuum gauge and shoot for the highest vacuum reading. Then bring your main idle back to desired rpm.

If it runs rich or lean at crusing speeds thats where jet changing comes into play. you can do a plug read test.

There should be a scew to adjust/controlled idle mixture.

Cruising mixture is adjusted/controlled by jetting.

Acceleration mixture is controlled by the accelerator pump and cam.

Full throttle mixture is controlled by power valve.