HOLY CRAP Changed From 3.73 to 4.10's

• Sponsors (?)

XtorT'r said:
Are you guys recalibrating your speedo's? Especially you guys that get 24-25mpg.
yes ;) Trust me, if the speedo was not fixed it would be obvious when your speedo says 90 and you're getting passed by a grandma in a Crown Vic.

Well just had my 3.73's swapped out for 4.10's last wednesday,man does she feel awesome !!!
She is always right where she should be in RPM's,especially with the VT stage II's :nice: .Should've done it from the start :bang: .
The 3.73's were alright stock cammed,but man......:nonono:

HoustonGT said:
How are some of you getting the most ridiculous gas mileages ever? The BEST i have ever gotten is 19.4mpg in the GT and that was with mostly highway driving. I have stock gears and just changed the fuel filter. The MAF has been cleaned as well. Maybe its my exhaust leak or sticking IAC? :shrug:

Its in the tune, after my custom tune my Mpg went up nicely

1low03gt said:
Well just had my 3.73's swapped out for 4.10's last wednesday,man does she feel awesome !!!
She is always right where she should be in RPM's,especially with the VT stage II's :nice: .Should've done it from the start :bang: .
The 3.73's were alright stock cammed,but man......:nonono:

Awsome glad you like them :nice: . After getting back from the track in houston (Fun Ford Weekend) in FULL street trim (+ a few things), I think 4.10s are in my future also. Right as I cross the trapps, I dip back into the powerband and the speedo just burries. Im thinking 4.10s may help.

Best ET was a 13.20 (1.99 60) and best trap was a 106.9. I couldnt hook at all with the 315 sumitimoz. :nonono: Car was missing down there pretty bad too...apparently my tune doesnt like sea lv and humidity lol (75ish *s) :rolleyes: .

putting my 2 cents in.
I have 4.10 in my car. Love the change from 2.73. No more than i drive my car i wish i would have gone lower like 4.30 or 4.56 though.

Anyone have any info on gas mileage and track time with near bone stock cars running 4.30 or lower.

98gtblue said:
I had 3.73 gears with the t-45, but recently changed to a TKO 500. Now with this combination it runs like it has 4.10. At 80 its at 2800-3000 rpms. Anyone else notice this with the tko? Anyways it feels great and pulls harder. Makes me love the 3.73 even more.
tko 500's gear ratio's are basicly the same a t45. Only big diff is first gear the tko 500 is a little longer and overdrive is a touch higher. So maybe in 5th it pulls harder but not in the other gears

i dont think i could do 4.10's with my exhaust....cruising at 75 or 80mph on the highway would put the rpms right at about the loudest crackling roar of my machinegun-blast exhaust note. lol i'd get pulled over in a heartbeat because my car would be too loud all the time. ehhh

mustangman9812 said:
Man Its a bigger change than I expected. It really pulls harder. I really thought it wasnt going to change much but it did. You guys here at :SNSign: are right 4.10's RULE!!

I went from 3.73's to 4.10's and I must agree it was night and day.

Im getting a Cetrifugal blower now so I am hoping the gears are the right size for my app.