Holy Damn

Onimere

Feb 20, 2004
So there i am laying under my stang, trying to take the exhaust off, when i realize i need some liquid wrench or something to get the damn exhaust disconnected from the headers. To late to go to the store, so on with the tranny rebuild (this is my first time at this). I remove the oil pan and drain as much as i can til I get the exhaust off. So now the situation is this, i am staring at the pan and the magnet has so many shavings on it I could swear that about 6 big fuzzy catapillars are having an orgy on top of it, also when i run my hand on the bottom of the pan I can still get more shavings. Anyone have any ideas? there are no big chunks of clutch or anything ( this is an auto) but I am thinking that the torque converter or pump are shot to all hell. Some one help. :bang:

totally :owned: 94 auto. sitting on jack stands; with custom stereo. Sounds nice but not rolling

• Sponsors (?)

MarvinMyCat said:
I'm going to say, put it back together, fill the tranny back up, and take it to a tranny shop. You probably have a bigger problem than you can handle by yourself at this point.
Best advice you'll get.

Even to extremely experienced techs, automatic trannys can still be a HUGE mystery. They're actually one of the most complicated pieces of machinery every built, even to this day.

Put er back together, fill it up, and take it to a pro.

MarvinMyCat said:
I'm going to say, put it back together, fill the tranny back up, and take it to a tranny shop. You probably have a bigger problem than you can handle by yourself at this point.

I hate to say this b/c it's not really going to be any help, but I agree with this statement. Your situation sounds pretty serious and , although it may suck to have to boot a bill, I think you'd be best off taking the hit on this one and getting it checked out by a true pro. Sorry to hear about the trouble. :( :notnice:

So I threw caution to the wind and started the tranny overhaul, I have all the parts and am taking the transmission out, one issue is that i have all the bolts out but i still cant get it to come off and the other is when its out I have to clean the hell out of it. Huge pain in the ass, if it gets too complicated I will just buy a new one.