Holy **** that was a BIG black widdow

• Sponsors (?)

RUSTY--You may want to try getting some glue mouse traps to put in/around your car. They're about the size of a large index card and covered w/ glue. They're supposed to be a "safe" way to catch mice for release. If you think you may have more spiders (or just worried about the same BIG one), you can lay some of these around. Costs just a few bucks for a pack of a half-dozen or so.

RUSTY--You may want to try getting some glue mouse traps to put in/around your car. They're about the size of a large index card and covered w/ glue. They're supposed to be a "safe" way to catch mice for release. If you think you may have more spiders (or just worried about the same BIG one), you can lay some of these around. Costs just a few bucks for a pack of a half-dozen or so.

Hmm, I wonder if a spider would actually get stuck in these... maybe something more like flypaper ? I think the mice glue traps require a bit more weight to trap something then a spider might actually weigh.

You city folk are a skittish bunch.

Wait until dusk or dark and check for it again. They come out at night and usually stick around long enough to hit 'em with some lethal spray or a blunt instrument.

I have the remains of a BW web under my SVO. It has leaves and oil stuck in it and dates back over a year! I have a seasonal outcropping of them in my '68.

i thought i got rid of my blackwidows......but i didnt i took extreme actions i striped my whole car out sealed off my garage and got some bugbombs...but i havnt gone in there yet to check on them they all better be dead or im going to torch my car and garage gown

You city folk are a skittish bunch.

Wait until dusk or dark and check for it again. They come out at night and usually stick around long enough to hit 'em with some lethal spray or a blunt instrument.

I have the remains of a BW web under my SVO. It has leaves and oil stuck in it and dates back over a year! I have a seasonal outcropping of them in my '68.

There is a history here. I have be stalked by a black widdow before. I did end up killing it before it could bite me. They freak me out ever since I noticed their hunter like behaviour.

In that case, I'll change my saying.....Fear and Loathing in Los Angeles. :rlaugh:

If you can't help but stay really paranoid, just get some Raid fumigators. Not aerosol bug bombs, but fumigators. Close the car up in a garage, set one under the engine bay, light it off, and come back in 24hrs. Any insect or arachnid in that garage will be dead. The down side is that they cost about $4 each.

i found a california tarantula on my workbench today. if you think black widows are scarry, think of something the size of a baseball with hair all over it and 8 big red eyes

:p

i found a california tarantula on my workbench today. if you think black widows are scarry, think of something the size of a baseball with hair all over it and 8 big red eyes

:p
I think I would just sell my house and move if I found that.

RUSTY--There may be something stickier than the glue traps I mentioned. We set them out a couple of years ago to catch a mouse (it worked), and there were a lot of bugs on them when I took them up.