Holy **** that was a BIG black widdow

• Sponsors (?)

Came across a pretty big black widow while opening up the shop overhead door the other day and couldn't help but think of this thread :p .

I had a can of 3M spray adhesive within reach and figured that if it didn't kill it, it would at least encapsulate it. There's nothing worse than spraying one with something and then watching it run off into some dark nook somewhere, seemingly unharmed (just pissed off), to plot its revenge!

The spray adhesive seemed to kill it instantly though, and sealed up the corpse into a nice, inert glob. Wait 15 minutes and deposit into trash!

Check out this link and give this stuff a try.

http://www.diatomaceous-earth.net/manyuses.html

Had a good chuckle over a few of these posts, especially the one about turning on the AC and bee's flying out, lol, funny now but I bet not when it was happening.

If you have an old leaf blower you can modify it by drilling a 1" hole in the blower shaft , hot glue a larger plastic bottle lid drilled out to allow the stuff to fall into the shaft (I used a funnel in between), fill the jug that fits the bottle top, turn device upside down and screw it onto the blower after you fill plastic jug w/ diatomaceous earth.
Now turn it upright, hit the power switch and you got a great fogger, lol, just wear a respirator. I'd put my car in the garage if I had this problem, open the hood and truck and blast the place and let it set a few days. As the bugs crawl thru this stuff it cuts the hell outta their body parts and eventually they die, it's not toxic either to humans.

This post reminded me of the time we were hauling a few junkers from a field to a scrapyard for the cash. My buddy, a big football player type guy was screaming like a kid halfway there and I had to pull over on the highway to see what was going on. He says to me "There's snakes in that car and their crawling all over my feet and up my legs", LMAO

Needless to say he never helped me out again after that ordeal, lol

Leaving the hood open, or partially open, discourages spiders/mice/rats/squirrels/rabbits from messing around under the hood. It's a great idea if you are not driving the car much.

I once tore down an old shed. And man the black windows were mad. They made a beeline for me. I looked like I was doing some crazy rain dance, or something, the way I was stomping around (10Cs, in my case). Hate them critters.

Came across a pretty big black widow while opening up the shop overhead door the other day and couldn't help but think of this thread :p .

I had a can of 3M spray adhesive within reach and figured that if it didn't kill it, it would at least encapsulate it. There's nothing worse than spraying one with something and then watching it run off into some dark nook somewhere, seemingly unharmed (just pissed off), to plot its revenge!

The spray adhesive seemed to kill it instantly though, and sealed up the corpse into a nice, inert glob. Wait 15 minutes and deposit into trash!

Well I can tell for sure, you ain't a Redneck!!!!!!! If you were, the remains would have gone up in a fireball instead of the trash :rlaugh:

Well I can tell for sure, you ain't a Redneck!!!!!!! If you were, the remains would have gone up in a fireball instead of the trash :rlaugh:
Man, I'm so disappointed in myself for not doing that now. California must be hippifying me more than I thought, 'cause back in the day in Ohio not only would we have set it on fire, we probably would have burned down the barn doing so. :rlaugh: :rlaugh:

Okay, you guys with all your home-made redneck bug-killin' recipes.......
Next time I come across a black widow that's not sitting on paint I want to keep; I'm gonna use my tried-and-true wasp killer spray - Easy-Off Oven Cleaner! :nice:
There's nothing like the smell of foaming caustic soda solution in the afternoon. If you listen closely, you can hear a wasp's death-screams. :D