Holy Wheelgap Batman!

ThePumpkin

Jan 26, 2009
Missouri
So I was going through the pictures I have taken of my mustang over time and came across a pic of the car before I did all the suspension work.
Let me tell you, the wheel gap is HORRIBLE! I don't even know how I drove around without being embarrassed about it. I guess its one of those things you don't really notice until you get rid of it. :shrug:

So here is a before and after pic for you guys.
no lie, I laughed at the wheel gap for about 10 minutes.. Its epic. :rlaugh:

Before:
DSC_0153.jpg

After: (with different wheels)

19673_287175211292_664106292_4951875_6390298_n.jpg

SO, with that being said... you guys/gals should show your before and after pics if you have em!

_Thomas

• Sponsors (?)

You shouldn't post that. You are essentially laughing at all the people here who have not yet had the opportunity to lower their cars. I honestly could not own a Mustang that was stock height, with that kind of wheel gap. I couldn't handle it.

Kurt

No harm meant here! Just noticed how bad it is. That doesn't necessarily mean im bashing anyone else at all.

I dont remember it being that bad though. It looked better with stock wheels.
I was laughing at my own car!

over the years, mine has been:

- stock height, not liking the 4x4 look, i ...
- dropped it 2". it looked great but it it scraped on everything, even where the were minor ruts in the road. so i ...
- got coilovers and made it not quite so low. no scraping, but they rattled like a mofo and that was almost worse than scraping, so i ...
- went back to stock springs. but my engine is heavier than stock, so it sits lower than before.

since i drive this car alot, and there are so many freaking speed bumps in my area, at this point, not worrying about scraping on everything is more important than not liking the 4x4 look. maybe some day if funds allow, i'll get one of those hydraulic suspension systems so i can slam it when i want to and lift it up again other times.

over the years, mine has been:

- stock height, not liking the 4x4 look, i ...
- dropped it 2". it looked great but it it scraped on everything, even where the were minor ruts in the road. so i ...
- got coilovers and made it not quite so low. no scraping, but they rattled like a mofo and that was almost worse than scraping, so i ...
- went back to stock springs. but my engine is heavier than stock, so it sits lower than before.

since i drive this car alot, and there are so many freaking speed bumps in my area, at this point, not worrying about scraping on everything is more important than not liking the 4x4 look. maybe some day if funds allow, i'll get one of those hydraulic suspension systems so i can slam it when i want to and lift it up again other times.

And then you could ride on three wheels too! I personally would get an air ride system if funds allowed.

:) Meh, lack of a decent block for reasonable $ has disgusted me enough to stop dumping copious coin into this and pick up something thats a more capable and fun to drive platform in all aspects.

Sentimental value might tell otherwise as its a sick car.....but if the money shows up in the amount its supposed to; I will be doing this in my driveway :flag: as I anxiously await summer, a targa top, a 6spd, and car thats not bandaided into handling with a block that's stronger than a basemodel honda :nice:

:notnice: To my new 3yr subscribtion to MM&FF and 5.0.

Lol...totally shouldve gone modular :nonono:

:) Meh, lack of a decent block for reasonable $ has disgusted me enough to stop dumping copious coin into this and pick up something thats a more capable and fun to drive platform in all aspects.

Sentimental value might tell otherwise as its a sick car.....but if the money shows up in the amount its supposed to; I will be doing this in my driveway :flag: as I anxiously await summer, a targa top, a 6spd, and car thats not bandaided into handling with a block that's stronger than a basemodel honda :nice:

can you say 351W block?

Basemodel Honda's can handle 500 and some change on their stock long block without changing anything?

Perhaps not stock rotating assembly; but blocks sure.

I've never owned a car before this mustang that had such an expensive and pathetic shortcoming for making power..esp for something that's supposed to be a 'muscle car' or whatever you'd like to brand it. Then we have that wonderful T5 to back it lmao...what a joke. Love how it costs @ 2800-3000 for a decent trans to back that even. My last 700HP capable trans for my AWD laser was $1250. I can't even buy a new WC t5 from summit for under $1400.

My plethora of DSMs, my Supra, hell even my old LT1 car; all far stronger platforms. I was thinking about getting Ford badges that say Fail on them instead lol.