hood decals

I got mine on Friday, and I put it on this morning. Well, I tried to put it on.

I had some fit issues. The decal seemed a little too wide. And maybe it was me, but it wasn't very easy to apply. I started pulling off the backing, and the decal started moving and stretching, and it just wasn't going well.

So before it got stuck permanently, I pulled the whole SOB off and trashed it.

:mad:

• Sponsors (?)

RoxysGT said:
did you remove the hood scoop?

Nope. And after looking at ShapeShifter's pics, I see that I should have. Damn. I was operating on a sleep-shortened weekend yesterday, and I know it was mostly my fault, but perhaps the instructions should have had something about taking off the scoop.

ShapeShifter, it looks good. I agree about preferring flat black, but it looks nice regardless.

thanks for the compliments guys....i didnt have to remove the hood scoop, First i cut the surrounding paper to just get the shape of the decal then i removed the paper to start applying the decal, so i sprayed the area where the decal goes with windex(alot) aswell as the decal itself...just wet the hell out of it so when you apply it on the hoop you can move it around and once you see its straight squeege it and tada!

Susky said:
FWIW, I e-mailed the dude I bought my decal from, and I asked if he had a borderless, flat black version. I explained my stupidity, and he offered to send me a new one for $15. Cool.

coolness, good luck!....

edit:i also did the same,f'ud the first one and trashed it and got another,lol!!

I've had mine on for about 4 years now...it's starting to get too many "chips" in it and I'm thinking about replacing it this summer

attachment.php

Attachments

• P5150002.jpg
    P5150002.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 92