Hood Pins, quick question

I picked up a set of hood pins for my 65 today. I mounted them where the original hood stops are. They fit great but sit at a slight angle. Is this an issue or is there a way to straighten them out?

Just wanted some advice on this before I start drilling the hood. I can post pictures if anyone needs to see what I am asking.

• Sponsors (?)

years ago on my '67 I remember mounting mine through the radiator support and them sitting at an angle...slightly bending the core support fixed the issue...that probably doesnt help you thoiugh does it?

Here is some pictures I think this may help show what I am talking about.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 99
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 91
So, if I am understanding this, I bend them straight. Does anyone have pictures of theirs mounted.

I think I am the only one that said this. That is what I have done on 3 cars. I noticed mine were pointed forward and the slope of the hood didn't work with what I wanted.
After I mounted my pins, I closed the hood onto them denting the hood where I would drill the holes. After the hole was drilled I noticed the pins didn't travel through the holes straight and there was some binding. I could have made the holes bigger but there was still interference when the pins traveled through the chrome bezels. So, my method was to, with the pins mounted, push the pins back effectively "bending" the hood stop mounts so the pins sat straight up. The pins did not bend.