Hood vents

ras50gt

Oct 25, 2005
Im thinking about getting a new hood, either the mach one/super mach style or the cobra r with the scoop. I was just wondering when it rains how wet the engine bay gets or if you have problems with other thigns getting inside. I can just imagine someone sticking something inside the hood. Anyways, I wouldn't want to completely cover the holes but thought about putting mesh or the grill like material. Has anyone done this? Any pics? And where would I buy that mesh type stuff?

• Sponsors (?)

the way the hood is designed water wont get into the engine. it would have to go through several twists and turns. dust on the other hand is quite the nuisance.

re: hood vents question

I've had the stormin norman hood for about five or six years now and other than dust off of the road I haven't had any problems. I put expanded metal mesh over the grilles to make it look nice and keep crap from getting into the engine compartment. When i wash the car I am careful not to spray any water directly into the vents. Other than that the hood is totally problem free.