Hoods

Im working on totally redoing my 66 coupe. Im trying to make it a little different so Im trying to decide that hood to go with. Low profile thunderbolt hood or 68 KR 500 hood? 02501.gif

68ShelbyKR01.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

I like the Shelby hood too. What about the 65-66 GT350 style scoop? Thats what I wanted to get for mine. I know alot of people like the tear drop hood, but its not my flavor. What was your first choice? I think your best bet is to go with what you first wanted. I have found with my projects that it usually worked out that way.

I am getting tired of my 65/66 shelby type scoop and I too am torn between the OP's choice of scoops. I also agree with the other posters. The 67' GT 350 hood looks just at home on an early 65/66" as it does on a 67". The teardrop is "OK" but does not seem to do an early Mustang's lines justice. On an early Fairlane, it would certainly be a no-brainer.

I like them both. I had to go with the teardrop for the room. Mine started off ok, but after a couple years of heat cycles its warping to sheet. LOL

If I end up with a turbo setup, its back to a stock hood for me. :)