Horn Relay And Cluster Question

Blaise805

Oct 22, 2013
Hi I'm the new guy with a couple questions. I have an 88 Gt and I cant seem to be able to locate a horn relay does anyone know where it is hidden? One more I changed out the cluster that had the speedo that stopped at 85mph to a 140mph all is good but it is about 10 miles per hour fast is there anyway to calibrate it? Thanks for any ideas .

• Sponsors (?)

Hi I'm the new guy with a couple questions. I have an 88 Gt and I cant seem to be able to locate a horn relay does anyone know where it is hidden? One more I changed out the cluster that had the speedo that stopped at 85mph to a 140mph all is good but it is about 10 miles per hour fast is there anyway to calibrate it? Thanks for any ideas .
EVTM_p081.jpg

Change speedo gears at transmission. They made 2 sizes of drive gears & many driven gear sizes to match differential gear sizes. 85 to 140 requires no speedo gear change, but depends on what the 140 came out of & is it a Ford unit? Some aftermarket 140 pasted a face over the 85 & then you need to change speedo gears. Also, what size wheels & tires? That can throw it off, too.

EVTM_p081.jpg

Change speedo gears at transmission. They made 2 sizes of drive gears & many driven gear sizes to match differential gear sizes. 85 to 140 requires no speedo gear change, but depends on what the 140 came out of & is it a Ford unit? Some aftermarket 140 pasted a face over the 85 & then you need to change speedo gears. Also, what size wheels & tires? That can throw it off, too.