Horrible Night, Clutch Problems, Please Help <~~~

NeQX

Founding Member
Sep 30, 2002
Infront Of You, NY
Well first I got ticket tonight for my drag radials being bald as hell. (BS)
-AND-
Same cop gave me ticket for having no cats, when he didn't even look under car or at my inspection sticker (TOTAL BS).

So then I popped on the ET streets went for a lil beating on car, and missed 3rd slammed clutch slammed it into 3rd was taking off like a animal, slammed 4th put foot on clutch to realize that my clutch was no longer functioning.

After a investigation (At 3:30AM in 30* weather) I saw that when clutch was pressed fork on tranny was moving properly.

I have a STEEDA adjustable clutch quadrant/cable tried adjusting but nothing would help, clutch is a King Cobra with about 30k miles on it.
Clutch has endored some past nitrous beatings and numerous times at track.
I didn't smell any clutch at all at time of problem.

I would start car and it wouldn't get into gear no matter what. I tried adjusting quadrant at firewall numerous times it wouldn't help at all.

Finally once I calmed down and didn't want to murder anybody, I had the car off put it into first gear, started car gave it gas and no-clutch shifted into 2nd at 3500rpm and was able to do 20mph about 10miles back to my house.

Tomorrow I will hopefully be able to fix the problem, I assume my flywheel is fine I didnt hear any odd noises on way home. This is all striking me as very strange, hopefully someone will know a solution or possibly had similar problem. Steed adjustable quadrant is pretty popular, someone help.

All help greatly appreciated,
-Thanks, Mike.

• Sponsors (?)