Horsepower in 05 and impact on sales

• Sponsors (?)

Ron Jeremy said:
I will tell you again. I don't like ricer imports. I don't care about backing up my claim. It will not change the fact that all ricer imports are ugly and wanna be muscle cars to the crowd who likes wearing wide baggy pants and ski caps. The ricer crowd who drive these ugly cars look as atrocious with what they wear as do the ricer import wanna be muscle cars that they drive. :rlaugh:

Hey Ron, I hear you loud and clear, but there is a big difference in an 'import enthusiast' and a ricer.

Sadly, ricer's are not just limited to VTEC's and other assorted crap...a large majority of them drive (GASP) 1999-2003 V6 mustangs!

I don't necessarily dislike imports (although they aren't my cup of tea), I would rather see a clean Subaru WRX than a V6 Stang of any year with a f***ed up looking wing, fart pipes, and APC stickers on it.

Hax

I know what you mean by this Sir Hacksalot. I too dislike it when I see some young owners ricing out the V6 or the V8 Mustang. It "IS" a nice sight to see the imports without the large wings and fart pipes. But unfortunately the young crowd who own these cars don't do this. They prefer to make their cars ugly looking by adding these things on them. And the funny thing about this is that they think that they can gain horsepower by doing this to their imports. How much more stupid can they get?

JadeFalcon said:
I don't agree with any of this. 300hp is just a slight bump up from previous, people will be more pleased with a higher quality vehicle. The mustang had to get more power. Cadillacs come with more than 300 horses now, mercedes have 500hp, power levels are increasing, and the mustang must also. If you didn't notice, the nissan maxima and altima had the same power as a GT. The older GT's power level was becoming almost embarassing to ford. Horsepower is a BIG marketing factor now, the golden day of muscle cars and horsepower wars are stronger then they have EVER been.

You're talking about expensive cars there. Mustang GT is supposed to be affordable! Mercedes with 500 hp is in anotehr class as the pony car! Everyone thinks 350 or so HP isn't so out of the question. There is no possible way a Mustang or any other car with 350 HP will go for 25k and under!! People, lets be realistic here.. You expect a 25k car to perform as well as a 40+K car? C'mon!

Wouldn't the Shelby series vehicles be the CObra model? I thought that if Ford ever builds a Shelby Mustang that it will be a Cobra model with at least the same horsepower that the current Cobras have, if not more. What do you think?

Will the Shelby if it's built be a Shelby Cobra or will it be a "separate" Mustang that will be different from the Cobra? This is what I cannot figure out. Does anybody here have true facts regarding this question?

yellow5.0cobra said:
I think it will be a special line up vehicle like the MACH 1.

I hope there is the V6, GT, Mach 1, Shelby, and Cobra.

Mach 1 is over after this year.. It'll be another speciality Mustang with a different name. But I heard it won't be for awhile.. The 99+ speciality Mustangs (Bullitt and Mach) were generated to help gain sales. 05 won't need that help for a bit. But it'd be nice to have one.