horsepower?

• Sponsors (?)

Change the heads, new intake manifold or port the stock lower, cam, etc.

Bolt ons add up, but the major restriction on the 5.0's are the heads...they blow.

If you are looking for bang for the buck, put 4.10 gears in your car

94 mustang gt 5.0 automatic all stock except bbk cold air induction and headers and flowmaster exhaust looking for a hp estimate... any ideas??

Stock automatics put down about 170rwhp so yours will be probably be about 10rwhp higher.
At this stage I'd suggest you make the most of what you have by swapping in a 3.73 axle gear and installing a shift kit. It'll feel like you've gained another 50+rwhp. I case you're wondering how I know, just look at my sig.

Heads and cam is where the real power is as stated above. After that putting to the wheels is also important, a torque converter and shift kit along with an appropriate rear gear. All this is expensive but will dramatically increase power to your car.

The major exhaust restriction is in the exhaust ports. Shorty headers really don't do much at all. Maybe if you had heads, it would, but not on a stock engine. Same with the mufflers, better than stock but nothing really major.

The CAI, well ford came factory with one, and the dyno results I have seen show the stock air box about the same as the aftermarket one's. Your major restriction in that area is the stock MAF, then the lower intake, then the throttle body and once again is the heads.

As for some power gains, a gear in the back would really, really help, and if you really want to see something that will make your car a whole new animal do the gears and put a better converter in there and a shift kit, then you will be rocking. Heads are also a really good place to look but that stock AOD and rear end kill so much power.

The CAI, well ford came factory with one, and the dyno results I have seen show the stock air box about the same as the aftermarket one's. Your major restriction in that area is the stock MAF, then the lower intake, then the throttle body and once again is the heads.

+1

I had a BBK CAI on my car. It heated up to a million degrees after a while of driving so i ditched it for a stock airbox setup. Didn't notice a difference at all.

What i did notice was when i changed from the stock 55mm MAF to a SN95 70mm MAF. That gave me some SOTP feel...but the OP has an SN95 MAF already.

If you are gonna dig into the engine, you could get some decent parts cheap. Explorer Intake and Explorer heads might run you $300 for both (or less out of a junkyard if you go get them yourself). The intake can be adapted to the SN95 rather easily. Hopefully the headers you have are compatible to P heads (research) first.

Install those, a nice 70mm TB, some 1.72 RR's and retard the stock cam timing 2 degrees and you might have a nice healthy 300HP engine for well under $750 or so.

Of course them you should install some 3.73's, a torque converter, shift kit and a trans cooler.

Then a 13" brake upgrade to help slow the car down....

As you can see, it's a never ending cycle. If you want big power gains though, it's gonna require money and part matching.