Hose From Vapor Canister

elarm1

10 Year Member
Dec 17, 2010
N.Va
In my quest to get this car running by this weekend, I'm in a bit of a pickle. I cannot for the life of me figure out how the hose from the Vapor canister gets connected. Anyone have any pictures or anything on getting it back connected. I remember that it comes from the canister to the lower intake?

• Sponsors (?)

Upper intake.

On the stock setup, it connects to a vacuum port on the underside of the upper plenum on the front. Basically just connect the canister to the upper manifold and you are good.

Charcoal canister plumbing - one 3/8" tube from the bottom of the upper manifold to the rubber hose. Rubber hose connects to one side of the canister solenoid valve. Other side of the solenoid valve connects to one side of the canister. The other side of the canister connects to a rubber hose that connects to a line that goes all the way back to the gas tank. There is an electrical connector coming from the passenger side injector harness near #1 injector that plugs into the canister solenoid valve. It's purpose is to vent the gas tank. The solenoid valve opens at cruse to provide some extra fuel. The canister is normally mounted on the passenger side frame rail near the smog pump pulley.

attachment.php

The purge valve solenoid connector is a dangling wire that is near the ECT sensor and oil filler on the passenger side rocker cover. The actual solenoid valve is down next to the carbon canister. There is about 12"-16" of wire that runs parallel to the canister vent hose that comes off the bottom side of the upper intake manifold. That hose connects one port of the solenoid valve; the other port connects to the carbon canister.

The purge valve solenoid should be available at your local auto parts store.

Purge valve solenoid:

The carbon canister is normally mounted on the passenger side frame rail near the smog pump pulley.
Carbon Canister:
CP2000photo%20primary__ra_p.jpg