Forced Induction How About A Vortech V3-si Trim On A 94 Cobra?

94blackcobra, if you don't mind me asking, how much are you paying for this unit? Also, who is the retailer you are using?

I don't mind at all. I am getting it from Bob Kurgan of Kurgan Motorsports shipped to my door for $2650. That is the cheapest I have found one for. I was looking at getting a used V3 with about 1500 miles on it, but the guy wanted $2300 for it. I figure for the $350 difference, I am getting a warranty, technical support, and if something is missing I can get what I need without a problem.

How much boost can I safely run on my stock engine?

• Sponsors (?)

I am doing the entire install myself. I've got BBK long tubes, catted H-pipe, fuel pump, 42 lb injectors, and a 76mm C&L MAF. Oh yeah, I got an Anderson Ford power pipe as well. From the sounds of it, the long tubes are going to be the hardest out of everything to install. I have been doing tons of research and asking around before I take all this on - it should be fun. The only thing I am willing to pay for will be a custom dyno tune, which is going to cost me around $600.

Did you check www.superchargersonline.com. I know a friend of mine bought one in May for his FOX. I want to say it was under $2500 including shipping. It's was the polished one too. We install it in a few hours.

Yeah, I looked on there but they don't currently offer a V3 for a '94 Mustang. I did find one on ebay for $2100, but then you have to buy the brackets, the intake piping, outlet piping, the belt, and the crank pulley. By the time I would have rounded all that up it was going to cost more than what I paid for this one that was ordered with one easy phone call.

I don't mind at all. I am getting it from Bob Kurgan of Kurgan Motorsports shipped to my door for $2650. That is the cheapest I have found one for. I was looking at getting a used V3 with about 1500 miles on it, but the guy wanted $2300 for it. I figure for the $350 difference, I am getting a warranty, technical support, and if something is missing I can get what I need without a problem.

How much boost can I safely run on my stock engine?

I've been running 12# for a long time with no problems whatsoever

Superchargersonline does have the polished V3 Sci kit for $2284.00 for the Fox body: http://www.superchargersonline.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=506_1105_1120_1174_1342_1343

Yeah, I would like this kit sooooo bad. I am no good at installing my own stuff so I'll have to get someone else to do it for me. I wonder how much that will run me....

There is no way I could afford to do this if I didn't do the install myself and I really don't believe in paying someone $100 an hour to do something that I am fully qualified to do.

They've got a V3 Si-trim for the 1994. It's $3200 for the polished unit. I'd rather pick up the whole thing for $2650 like you got!

You are right, they do have the complete kit for 94-95's. However, that kit is designed to bolt on to your stock car using their supplied FMU and T-Rex fuel pump and allegedly will give you a 41% increase in hp to the flywheel. I am going to skip all that and upgrade my injectors, MAF, fuel pump, and get a custom dyno tune so I can get to at least 350 hp to the wheels. They don't offer the "tuner kit" in a V3 for the 94-95's at this time, although the do have the V2 "tuner kits" starting at just over $2800.

Yeah, I looked on there but they don't currently offer a V3 for a '94 Mustang. I did find one on ebay for $2100, but then you have to buy the brackets, the intake piping, outlet piping, the belt, and the crank pulley. By the time I would have rounded all that up it was going to cost more than what I paid for this one that was ordered with one easy phone call.

I was talking about buying all the parts separate and piecing the system together, which was suggested that I try to do.

That is Cincinnati? So, you are a veterinarian and into scuba and reef tanks? I just started a nano reef system for my daughter. It is about 4 months old and doing well, other than the fact that my light system just took a crap. And, I am hoping to get scuba certified in the near future.

What kind of hp numbers are you putting down to the ground? And just to be clear, your engine is 100% bone stock, other than headers? How do you like that Alpine DVD unit?

I have no idea on numbers.. Engine is 100% stock.. Intake or valve covers have never been off. That's going to change soon, but I'm not sure what I'm going to do yet? Thinking about having my intake ported by TMOSS, getting a cam, new maf and injectors. Car only has 84,000 miles on it.

I love my alpine stuff.. Always have. I use my ipod for everything, including playing music vids and movies thru the headunit.

All you will need is a hvac panel from a 2001-04, mach 460 wiring harness, and a little bit of fabwork to mount the system... The Double din physically fits fine, but you can't use a standard double din install kit made for a 2001-04 because our dash is lacking the framework to mount it to.. I ended up fiberglassing mine to the hvac panel itself, and installing it as an assembly, if that makes any sense?

I have no idea on numbers.. Engine is 100% stock.. Intake or valve covers have never been off. That's going to change soon, but I'm not sure what I'm going to do yet? Thinking about having my intake ported by TMOSS, getting a cam, new maf and injectors. Car only has 84,000 miles on it.

I love my alpine stuff.. Always have. I use my ipod for everything, including playing music vids and movies thru the headunit.

All you will need is a hvac panel from a 2001-04, mach 460 wiring harness, and a little bit of fabwork to mount the system... The Double din physically fits fine, but you can't use a standard double din install kit made for a 2001-04 because our dash is lacking the framework to mount it to.. I ended up fiberglassing mine to the hvac panel itself, and installing it as an assembly, if that makes any sense?

That looks like a nice car. A white Cobra was my first choice but I couldn't pass up the deal on this one - it only had 30,000 miles on it when I got it last summer.

I found an HVAC panel on ebay for a pretty good price, now I will need to find a decent head unit. My previous car had an Eclipse CD/DVD/Navigation system that I really liked, but all that will have to wait until after I get this supercharger installed and tuned. Thanks for the info, though.

So, I got rid of the Walbro 255 and upgraded to a Walbro 284 Focus SVT pump.

Just to be clear, I can just swap out to an aftermarket head unit and retain my Mach460 amplifiers, Hef5.0weisen? I would really like to do a DVD/CD/Navigation system.

Don't know about the DVD/Nav stuff........but I got a new deck....and the adapter....everything works fine. Not trying to advertise for them....but Crutchfield has GREAT customer service. You could call them...I'm sure they'd answer your questions.

What your going to do is send me a PM with a price then put your car on Trailer headed to S. Florida. I await your PM.