how bad can i make my 2.3... as far as looks

• Sponsors (?)

70 ft lbs is the standard rating for a 1/2" stud. I usually install my wheels with my older impact gun and then go around and torque with a torque wrench to 70.

I'm kinda leary about installing wheels with my new Nitrocat impact gun. It generates 1000 ft. lbs of torque! OUCH!

Does the 70ft/lb rule apply to both aluminum and steel wheels?

As far as looks go i think the stock lx body work looks good, but i have a notch so GT/Cobra bumpers are kinda out. The only thing i would do is paint the side moldings body color, and just make the paint/body as nice as possible. And the biggest thing is to lower the car, with the tires about an inch or so from the wheel lips, maybe slightly higher in the rear to give it a little rake....but thats just my opinion

What size and style wheels do you have? In my opinion lower the car 1-2" with lowerings springs, tint the windows. Modify the exhaust so you can't see the pitifull tip the 2.3l cars have. UPR has springs for reletively cheap now: they are actualy eibach prokit springs. I just got some, they were only 160-170 bucks though I don't know how shipping compares, but the total cost is less than any other place I've found for eibach pro kit springs.

Other than that, if you keep the lx style bumpers the best bet is to keep it cleen looking: remove badges and anything that clutters the exterior look.

I have an 89 coupe 2.3l. It's a long ways from finished, but I'm going for the realy clean look. I sugest going to a search engine and use the image search and search for Mustang LX or mustang or any year mustang and look at the pictures that grab you. It's an eaysy way to fid the look you want.

good luck:flag:

Thanks for bringing up that hideous exhaust pipe dropping from the rear bumper. For years now, I have had the shop cut my tip so that it is not visible from the rear. Its cut at an angle flush with the bumper. Sometimes I forget about some of the subtle things I have done:rolleyes: