• OMG U F'N IDIOT

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ganador01

Founding Member
Jan 21, 2002
Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas
I have a 1997 v6 mustang with a 75 shot, 4.10 gears and many other mods. (although not engine mods). My question is this. How bad is spraying off the line? really how bad? like using technical terms. Ive only done this once since ive had nitrous but the results were astounding. I also only did this because this guy i know has been able to beat my car with every car he has owned. 4 in a row. He finds a way to make it just a tiny bit faster then mine every time. I managed to drop .8 of a second in one run! That is an enormous gain. My 60ft dropped .5 of a second. I still have no top end so i didnt gain much. I went from a 2.38 to a 1.85 60ft. And once again, i only did it to finnaly beat his car (which i did, but not by much and he can still take me top end)
This was all done at the track and the conditions were bad but oh well. 92% humidity! Once again, how bad is it? Is it bad. really bad...horrible...omg i can't believe u did that...etc.

• Sponsors (?)

dont the instructions say to not use it under ~3000 rpm's? at least thats my friends kit says. i dont see how it could be to bad but then again im no expert. just keep doing it until something breaks. :p

97v6Silver said:
thats whats the purge is for so it don't get too much nitrous just sittin there... i don't think it's any worse then using it above 3000

This is from The NX guru's and I launch mine from the line, controlling wheel spin is more the issue. 2001 V6 running 75 shot Take it for what it's worth...

The RPM level is not as important as is the motors ability to rev freely when the nitrous is engaged, I.E. If the vehicle is in low gear, nitrous can be engaged at any time, but if the vehicle is in a higher gear moving at a slow speed when the nitrous is engaged the engine will detonate and damage will occur.

I would also worry about our 7.5" axles getting snapped. But as I think about it you may not have to worry about breaking your rear end until your making over 300hp. Remember that when you spray your making a tremendous amount of torque all at once. That torque has to go through your drive train and puts a tremendous strain on it when applied all at once. Just something else to consider that I didn't see mentioned yet. I've been considering getting a NX kit for a while now but just haven’t decided yet because I haven’t heard many real world testimonies about what our V6's can really handle. Let us know how things work out.

*this is a real testimonial not a paid actor tho it is a reinactment based on a true testimonial*

"yeah mahn teh v6's iz like a pice of toilet paper it gets all weak and crumbly when you spray it wis stuff, it won't hold up to NAWZ! unlike teh uber-cool vtecs!"

it's perfectly safe dummy as long as you don't go over a 75 shot

zoopa_man said:
I would also worry about our 7.5" axles getting snapped. But as I think about it you may not have to worry about breaking your rear end until your making over 300hp. Remember that when you spray your making a tremendous amount of torque all at once. That torque has to go through your drive train and puts a tremendous strain on it when applied all at once. Just something else to consider that I didn't see mentioned yet. I've been considering getting a NX kit for a while now but just haven’t decided yet because I haven’t heard many real world testimonies about what our V6's can really handle. Let us know how things work out.
Thats not an issue with me...im running an 8" rear end with 4.10 gears. Reving is not a problem. This thing revs faster then any other! lol

Well results are like this. Without nitrous on street timing i can get a mid to high 15 on a GOOD run. With nitrous spraying off the line (75 wet). I can hit a low to mid 14.

MarvinMyCat said:
I've never pissed myself off the line before. But with Ganador, it all DEPENDS! :rlaugh:
You know what...ima let that one slide...you know why? because you are like the first person I can remember that has spelled my name correctly :banana: its always gondor or grandor or garanda. No one manages to get my name correctly. Its spanish you idiots. It means weiner! lol j/k It means winner :banana:

I thought Gaston banned your IP @ V6power? Anywho, most of them seemed to think it would be alright, but is there anyone local to you that you could talk to who is a nitrous guru?

You purge to eliminate hotter elements in the line. I have always considered it a "just for looks" kind of thing.

You can hit n2o off the line. Fuel psi should have nothing to do with it...not like we are running mechanically driven fuel pumps anymore. The biggest killer is "LOAD". Pop a motor real easy.

Some of the fastest cars use it the entire run...and the earlier you can engage without breaking traction, the better...as you have experienced.

Oh yea....well the problem with spraying off the line is the same problem with running 20lbs of boost off the line. (not being the same of course). It creates more preassure on your engine. Instead of like 1.5 times the normal pressures its like 3 -5 times at lower rpms. I figured as much because ive been told before but it seems like no one knows the truth these days...oh well.