How can I adjust the air/fuel ratio???

• Sponsors (?)

You could also get a Air Adjuster from IST. It Worked WONDERS on my moms 94. I couldnt figure out why it would run so rich, or be jumpy, black pipes the works. Installed the air adjuster and tuned it out... Phew.. Great item for around $170. After you replace all your sensors and the AFR I would check into this if those things dont fix it.

11.2....hot damn that's bad. Like they said use an AFPR and try to get it, ehh, around 13.5 or so I'd say would be a good bet. Just be aware that with fuel pressure, it's easier to tune smaller injectors at higher pressure, than it is larger injectors at lower pressure, provided you're staying within the recommended duty cycle range. If you cant get it GOOD, get it close and you may have to chip the rest out.

FWIW, the injectors will adapt the pulsewidth to reach stoich, or what the puter thinks is stoich.

That was why it was asked when this occurs. If it is at anything but WOT, the AFPR is not going to do much.

HISSIN50 said:
FWIW, the injectors will adapt the pulsewidth to reach stoich, or what the puter thinks is stoich.

That was why it was asked when this occurs. If it is at anything but WOT, the AFPR is not going to do much.

That's true but there's a limit to its adaptiveness and it doesnt take very much to hit that limit.. You can drastically affect driveability both part throttle and full throttle with fuel pressure changes.

OrLackThereof said:
That's true but there's a limit to its adaptiveness and it doesnt take very much to hit that limit.. You can drastically affect driveability both part throttle and full throttle with fuel pressure changes.
If we knew what mods he has (if anything significant), when it ran rich, etc, that would make this easier. I assume he has no mods other than bolt-ons and is not tossing any codes (you would see the adaptive limit, which is not as small as some might think, in a code).

Were you able to permanently change the part throttle trim with the AFPR? I am with you on the full throttle reasoning (on foxes, not SN95's).

Mods

I have Ported/Polished stock heads, X Cam, ported u/l intake, 70mm tb, Cold Air Intake, UD pullies, Electric Fan, 24lb injectors, MSD Distributer and igntion.

I just orderd the egr eliminator. Anyone have any comments on the eliminator???

Caitlmt said:
I just orderd the egr eliminator. Anyone have any comments on the eliminator???
If you are going to turn off the EGR function in the puter, go for it. :)

Now when were you seeing that A/F ratio and how was it measured?

I dont think you are hitting any adaptive limit with those 24's. :) What MAF are you running?

HISSIN50 said:
If we knew what mods he has (if anything significant), when it ran rich, etc, that would make this easier. I assume he has no mods other than bolt-ons and is not tossing any codes (you would see the adaptive limit, which is not as small as some might think, in a code).

Were you able to permanently change the part throttle trim with the AFPR? I am with you on the full throttle reasoning (on foxes, not SN95's).

Im just going on my personal experience, running 24 lb injectors and an AFPR, as far as driveability goes, I found virtually no adaptation taking place on my car other than wide open...if the pressure is high, it surges, always, every time, and always stinks rich and fouls plugs. If it's lean, it misses and bucks, always, and never seems to adapt or add more fuel. I don't know if its just my car, but I've had to dial in my pressure to within 1 to 2 psi to get the car to act properly, so far as Ive been able to tell there's no adaptation taking place EXCEPT the computer's learning at wide open throttle, where it always backfires on shifts after changing something during the first pull. Maybe my car's just possessed, couldn't tell you

OrLackThereof said:
Im just going on my personal experience, running 24 lb injectors and an AFPR, as far as driveability goes, I found virtually no adaptation taking place on my car other than wide open...if the pressure is high, it surges, always, every time, and always stinks rich and fouls plugs. If it's lean, it misses and bucks, always, and never seems to adapt or add more fuel. I don't know if its just my car, but I've had to dial in my pressure to within 1 to 2 psi to get the car to act properly, so far as Ive been able to tell there's no adaptation taking place EXCEPT the computer's learning at wide open throttle, where it always backfires on shifts after changing something during the first pull. Maybe my car's just possessed, couldn't tell you
There is no trim adaptation at WOT - it uses tables.

OLT, it might have cleaned up if changes in parts or tune were being made on the fly.

Caitlmn, what kind of dyno was used? It seems fairly low to me. Others might disagree.