how can i lock my hood shut?

I have seen a few links of chain welded to the bottom of the hood, and a few links to the core support. Pad locked together. Since you did say you wanted to hood locked. This is a good way I think that you can obe day, if needed remove them, without any real negative effects on the car. Hood pins and such make if very hard to repair if you change your mind later.
JC Whitney used to sell a nice looking loch that bolted to the hood and a chain you attached to the radiator support or something. If anyone knows where they are still available, please let me know. I broke part of the lock.

The point of all this is to make it inconvenient to steal your car, not impossible. A hidden kill switch

• Sponsors (?)

Why can't you install something like that:
25911.jpg

in Russia such hood locks are very popular car security devises

It is a good time of year for a zombie thread. The Russian part is a great looking set up, but can we get it in English? I still need a new hood lock and will not do pins either.

Wow, to my surprise such devices aren't popular in the US. Probably your insurance companies are more efficient than Russian, so people don't really worry about locking their hoods. The only one I found is this http://www.zlokhoodlock.com/shop-z-lok.html
5731513_orig.jpg

but it really looks DIY. Here we can buy more elegant systems where you have a plain pin on the underside of front edge of the hood. Locking mechanism is usually hidden in radiator support sheetmetal, so only a small hole is visible.
define-time.jpg

DSC03237.JPG

2.jpg

The idea is the same, the locking mechanism is operated via mechanical cable with a locking bushbutton under car dash, or by an electric actuator connected to a car alarm. That's what I plan to install when I finish my car.

Last edited: