How can I stop my......

• Sponsors (?)

Highbredcloud said:
NO dude you don't understand...I WILL NEVER sell my cars...too much money invested...plus it's not like I can find ones in better shape...Besides if that is the only way to get through emission I will do what ever it takes...You think discontecting the cable is bad...Let me ask you a question, when people say they rebuild their motor XXX miles ago are they telling the truth? It's the same thing...Miles mean nothing nowdays on a 5.0...it's the over all shape of the vehicle that will determine the real miles on the car...I don't mean to be shady but as I stated before anything over 100K does not go on the title...

No "dude" your missing the point. It is against the law. Irrespective of your intent. It's not partially unlawful....or half pregnant, or half dead... it IS.

It is not the only way to get through emissions. How could you possibly know what your future wants, wills and desires are? Why not get through emissions the right way?

Ray III said:
so... you've NEVER exceeded the speed limit, consumed alcohol under the age of 21, looked at a young girl the wrong way, etc.?

"Let he who is without sin cast the first stone"
Religion has always been a great diversion for those who can not comprehend their own existance or reality. But fails to address the issue at hand here...

Again, why not do it the right way? Are the inspection fees used to maintain roads and bridges? If yes, then it may appear as if your getting a "free ride" off the lawful, fee paying public whom you are driving with. And this BS about mods and emissions...there are plenty of cars making well OVER 400 RWHP with full emissions. It's a poor arguement for ditching emissions/inspection. Also, what does this exemption do for your insurance? Low annual mileage cars get lower rates. Again, might appear "shaddy".

Ray III said:
Yes, you did an excellent job of bringing up religion to put off answering the question. :lol:

For my part, it was merely a good quote and there was nothing religious about it.

review the post. you posted the religious crap. not me. Look to its origin...it is religious. Again, your shooting your mouth off without even thinking.

Your attempting to justify an unlawful act. Why? So by your accord cheating on your taxes justifies robbing a bank. :bs: Oh well -"everyone else does it" is not good enough for me.

Spectre382 said:
, even cars with Classic, Antique, and Street Rod tags have to have some form of inspection.

Antique cars dont need inspection. I was looking at getting classic plates and the lasy at the notary told me the only one that doesnt need inspection is antique.

The way the guy that inspects my car tells me is that when they go to check your milage they look to see how many miles driven since last inspection. If the amount is less than 5000 miles you are automatic exempt.

Now this other guy i was talking to was tryin to tell me that although the 5000 mile exempt rule will get you out of the emissions visual check, the state has added a safety check that requires the smog equipment be there. I have only heard thisfrom one inspection station.

Don't ask about illegal stuff over the internet..! :(

Find out the info off the internet. :nice: It looks like you arleady pissed a bunch of people off from your thread. :shrug:

Myself, I could care less. But just lookin out. :D

Interesting thread. Since we're on the subject of emissions and odometers, I have some questions. My car is a 79, but has the complete drivetrain, wiring, etc from a 92 GT. It also has the whole dash assembly from it as well. Since my car is now 25yo, am I exempt from emissions in say, TX or NV? The reason I ask, is the fact that I may be moving sometime this year and was curious what I had to do to pass an inspection. Here in OK, there is no more emissions or state inspections, so I feel I'm lucky on that part.

two_stangs said:
Don't ask about illegal stuff over the internet..! :(

Find out the info off the internet. :nice: It looks like you arleady pissed a bunch of people off from your thread. :shrug:

Myself, I could care less. But just lookin out. :D

You got that right. I wasnt thinking when I posted this theard. I'll know next time not to post when something illegal comes to mind. :doh:

TrophyHead said:
You got that right. I wasnt thinking when I posted this theard. I'll know next time not to post when something illegal comes to mind. :doh:

(peace) I just think the risk of getting a speeding ticket because your spedomoter is not working would outweigh the risk of the 5K inspection process.

My town has intersection photo radar and vans equiped with photo radar that partol the city. The day I took my 98 Cobra convert to the shop for a motor swap, I got a photo radar ticket in the ford focus rental car I picked up 30 minutes earlier. I was 6 MPH over the speed limit. New cars feel different and it only took a minute to laps on the (apparent) speed...and BAM - ticket city. (no flame intended. Peace -all)

if you drove more than 5000 since last years inspection, you will still need to get the visual. if you drove under 5000 miles per year, you will be exempt, but you'll still have to pay the emissions fee and get a sticker, an exemption sticker. i have not heard of still needing any test besides regular inspection if under 5000 miles. if registered as classic, antique, modified, etc., you cannot drive more than 5000 miles and therefore are exempt anyway. you still have to have the car inspected every year, but never need to register it again. not sure if your car falls into any of those categories though. here's a link you can check out, but be warned it's pretty detailed and difficult to find what you're looking for.

http://www.pacode.com/

BTW, you'd be surprised how many officers that are mustang fanatics just like everyone else browsing these boards.

Though I’m not really against what you’re trying to do, I just think there’s a better way around this problem. I have a built CHP 347 and I pass Cal. Smog inspection with flying colors, so there’s no reason you can’t pass either. There are plenty of places to get high flow cats, even though there is some up front money to invest, its well worth it. With the piece of mind that you’re completely legal and you won’t have to worry about how much you drive your own car :banana: . That in it self seems nuts to me! (Nobody’s going to tell me how much I can drive my car :flag: ) But if you must, its very easy to disconnect your speedo from the trans.